FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an FS2000 the other day. Got it new from a local dealer. It came with one mag and manual. I added an ERT sling, Eotech 552 with GG&G quick detach mount and flip up lens covers. The front sight is a GG&G spring actuated flip up sight and I also have the rear flip up sight but it doesn't fold down on a flat rail. Oh well, guess it'll go on the flat top AR and I'll order front and rear folding sights from Yankee Hill for the FN. Now I need to order a Monolith tri rail for it.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Congrats. How do U like the flip covers? I tried to simulate what they would be like when open, and I am not sure I would like it...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like them. They snap closed tight and flip open fast when you need them. The front cover flips over the top out of the way and the rear cover works as a sun shade. Its out of the way, keeps out glare and you can't see it through the lens.

Here are some pics I just took for ya. Not the best in the world but maybe it'll help ya.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Now, I kinda like that - I put something on the top of my EOtech - seeing how I'd like something hanging out and over.

I didn't know you could folt the rear one completely over onto the top of the eotech. That's pretty kewl.

Instead of another scope coat for my newest Eotech, I may have to get one of those.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't know. GG&G had a sale one the eotech when you order the quick detach mount so I ordered it all together and they installed everything for me.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Oh, ok.

Well, instead of another scope coat, I may give them a shot after I buy that CX4 that my new EOtech will go on.

Thanks for taking the time to asnwer my questions :?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem bro.

What caliber CX4 are ya getting? I've got one in 9mm, its a fun carbine to plink with. Its really popular with the woman that I go shooting with because of its light weight and low recoil. Its one of my favorites.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I'm gonna get a 9mm one.

I may break down and get my 1st 40 cal pistol next year - a PX4. Having a carbine that takes the same mags would be nice. But, the reason I am getting the Storm is to same on ammo money - 1/3 the price of the PS90.

I'm juts looking for a deal on the gun now.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's mine.

I've never shot a PX4 but I have a few 40 cal pistols. H&K USP compact, XD and a Glock 23. Been thinking of getting a Beretta 92 or M9 so I could swap mags with the CX4. I use to have a Beretta 96 40 cal but I traded it on another gun. Wish I would have kept it.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Nice.

I plan to just put my Eotech on it, and the sling. I don't think I'm gonna go hog wild with accessories like I did with the PS90.

I've looked at the forward grips, and have held the CX4 in a way, to simulate a forward grip. But, I don't I'm gonna put one on it.

I got the ERT single point sling for the CX4.

Nice gun!

·
Registered
111 Posts
glad to see some more Cx4 shooters esp. in 9mm.

it makes a great companion piece to my FS2000.

except for the barrell shroud and whatever optic i mount to the top rail; i'm sticking with the KISS principle on this one. got a streamlight mounted to the side rail. no fore grip for me.

thanks to shipwreck for mentioning the URBAN ERT sling; i've been looking for a single point sling for this one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts