FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to get some trigger time on the TPD AXR today at a Vickers Pistol I class.

I'm very impressed with the quality of the carbine. These guys did it right, it uses a large # of Steyr contract parts, and uses Steyr STANAG buttstocks so you can use M16 magazines.

This is about as close to an AUG A2 as you can get, until Steyr actually starts to ship their new US made rifles.

Anyway, I was very impressed, as I've said. Trigger was MUCH better than the Steyr AUG's I've shot.

Proud owner of #33....

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I didn't think they were making those anymore. Have they started to make those again?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Nice rifle!

·
Registered
356 Posts
That's the 5.56mm platform I would like to get! What'd it run you and what'd it come with?! Is that the standard-length accessory rail? Details man, details! :eek:

Oh, congrats! :?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FSCJedi said:
That's the 5.56mm platform I would like to get! What'd it run you and what'd it come with?! Is that the standard-length accessory rail? Details man, details! :eek:

Oh, congrats! :?

Unfortunately, that's not my rifle. The guy in the first pic is the owner.

It's a great rifle, I wouldn't mind having one at all.

They're still in production, no worries there.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Price?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JaCk-D-RiPpEr said:
hey templar whats your opinion on the msar vs tpd ? :eek:
I haven't gotten trigger time on a MSAR yet, however....

1) Proprietary magazines must be the most boneheaded move of the 21st Century here. We're not talking about a company like Steyr, HK or FN, we're talking about Microtech. I heard that they were coming out with a stock that will accept standard STANAG mags next year.

2) M16 style forward assist.....completey un needed. The original AUG A1 and A2 have forward assists built into the cocking handle. The AXR also has the AUG assist.

The AXR is much, much closer to the AUG A2 than the Mircotech rifle. They are using a lot of AUSTEYR parts, including the stock, and the workmanship is top notch.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So any new reports on the TPD? Right now saving my pennies for one when I get back from the sandbox. Seeing how it was treating people after a lot of range time

Khest

1 - 14 of 14 Posts