FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took a look at the site, and he does to mention being able to perform a trigger job on a FNS. Have not seen the outcome of one done by Midwest Gun Works, but they list the FNS as one they work on, and they are an authorized FNH repair center. I have not done it yet, but I plan on sending my FNS-9L there.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine has settled in just fine. Smooth pull, crisp break, and a nice reset. It just takes some time and patience (some dry fires at night while watching tv, proper cleaning, and of course, quality time at the range with a few hundred rounds) to get where most people want it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took a look at the site, and he does to mention being able to perform a trigger job on a FNS. Have not seen the outcome of one done by Midwest Gun Works, but they list the FNS as one they work on, and they are an authorized FNH repair center. I have not done it yet, but I plan on sending my FNS-9L there.
I emailed Midwest Gun Works today and they replied saying they don't do anything to the fns trigger as it isn't very workable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I sanded (1500grt) and polished (Mother's Mag) the striker block to help take the grit out. I plan on polishing the trigger bar where it touches the slide stop as well. Mine breaks right at 5lbs and is very smooth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just curious. I noticed at the FN site that they give a pull weight rating of 5.5 - 7.7# for the FNS, which is exactly the same for XD/XDm pistols. They do not give a pull weight rating for the 9L. Is there any difference? :wink:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just curious. I noticed at the FN site that they give a pull weight rating of 5.5 - 7.7# for the FNS, which is exactly the same for XD/XDm pistols. They do not give a pull weight rating for the 9L. Is there any difference? :wink:
As far as I know, the LS uses the exact same FCG as the 4-inch. There was no re-engineering done to the trigger or the fire control...only the barrel and the slide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My new FNS 9L had a trigger pull of right at #7. It was awful! After doing some of the work described in this forum, I was able to get the pull down to #5. More polishing and coil or two more off the striker spring and it should get down closer to #4. These triggers are really bad from the factory. For a carry gun they would be fine, but for a competition gun like the 9L they really should slick it up a bit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone used a gun smith to do a trigger job on your FNS 9?
Found this online, wanted to know if anyone has used him. Bill Springfield - www.TriggerWork.net
I know quite a few guys who've use Bill on their H & K's and have nothing but good things to say. I haven't heard anything negative about him but all the work I've heard are on hammer fired pistols, nothing on strikers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own an FNS-9 and have about 1500 rounds through it. Trigger feels or felt fine until today, when I fired my friends new FNS-9c. In my opinion the trigger on the FNS-9c broke crisper, the reset was better and the trigger was just more consistent. I thought both pistols were exactly the same, except size. But the trigger on the 9c felt like FN had reworked it and made some improvements. It just felt better, and I think I shot it better too. I tried looking on the internet to see if there was difference in the triggers from the FNS-9 to the FNS-9c, but could find anything. Does anyone on this forum know if the triggers are the same, or if FN made some changes?

·
Registered
42 Posts
My new FNS 9L had a trigger pull of right at #7. It was awful! After doing some of the work described in this forum, I was able to get the pull down to #5. More polishing and coil or two more off the striker spring and it should get down closer to #4. These triggers are really bad from the factory. For a carry gun they would be fine, but for a competition gun like the 9L they really should slick it up a bit.
What did you search for to get trigger polishing on the FNS-9 on this site?

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.