FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! New to the boards and new to the world of the FS2000. Got mine a couple months ago, and finally had some time to hit the range with it.
While overall I'm happy (gotta get used to the bullpup triggers), I did experience a double feed that ended up killing my trigger time with it. Well, not the double feed itself, but because I can't figure out how to get the hammer in the trigger pack in the cocked position.

This is what happened. When I experienced the double feed, I of course found out when I pulled the trigger and the rifle failed to go bang. When I broke down the rifle to clear it (the case was STUCK in there), I like an idiot took the trigger pack out (even though I know that's not necessary). Once the blockage was cleared, I went to put the whole thing back together, but the trigger pack will not go back in properly. Here's my question: how do I get this freaking thing back in the cocked position? At first I thought that you simply need to just push the hammer back, but when I try to, I get a lot of resistance. I'm still not to familiar with these types of trigger packs, so I'm willing to bet that it's something simple that this newbie isn't aware of.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a quick search but didn't find anything.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Picture of the pack is worth a thousand words......
+1 and welcome to the forums, where abouts in VA are you?
Also in case you weren't aware Pmags and FS2000s generally don't mix.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
The base of the hammer has moved too far up into the body.Pull the rear disconnector back as far as you can and then try to push the base of the hammer (where the hammer springs go into the two holes) past the plastic slide part at the bottom of the pack.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1 and welcome to the forums, where abouts in VA are you?
Also in case you weren't aware Pmags and FS2000s generally don't mix.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm actually over in Central VA. The one thing that I did know was that pmags don't work with the fs. I was only using the FN stamped STANAG mag that came with the rifle when I had my double feed.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

That's common to happen with that version hammer group.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I've started doing what xslice recommended, but this is looking like it'd be easier if I had an extra hand. I'll keep at it, and report back.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Remove the front pin that the ends of the hammer spring is resting on. This will relieve the spring tension. Then remove the hammer pivot pin. Reassemble with the hammer in the correct position. Put the front pin back in with someone helping you with the spring ends.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The base of the hammer has moved too far up into the body.Pull the rear disconnector back as far as you can and then try to push the base of the hammer (where the hammer springs go into the two holes) past the plastic slide part at the bottom of the pack.
+1 on the above, it can be a pain but the hammer will eventually pop back in place. I've never had a double feed in my fs2000, but I did make the mistake of removing the trigger pack when the hammer was not cocked one time and I had to reset the hammer. Out of curiosity, what ammo were you using when you experienced the double feed? Did you buy your fs2k new or used? Typically double feeds on the fs2k are caused by one of the following:
- removal of the gaskets in the magazine well, causing the magazine to tilt and misfeed
- useage of improper magazines
- trying to chamber a round from the magazine "HK style" (lock the charging handle back, insert mag, judo chop charging handle to chamber a round). The correct way to load the fs2k is to insert a fresh mag on a closed bolt and then rack the charging handle to load the first round
- I have heard of feeding problems with heavier/longer bullets over 70 grains

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update!

Well, thanks to SONYtec, my rifle should be good to go. Wish I thought about knocking the pins out sooner, as when I was trying the old brute strength method, I may have lost a bit of brown plastic from the spring ends giving me grief.

I want to thank everyone who helped out again. I look forward to getting to know the platform better, in addition to the people on the boards here. Oh, and for those wondering, the double feed was caused after I tried to load the weapon, as fmjblack put it, "HK style".

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

That's common to happen with that version hammer group.
it is? I didnt think the trigger pack came out or went in with the hammer up. how could the trigger go that far up, was it pulled out in the fire position? does the safety sear prevent this if I'm wrong

Reactions: SONYtec

·
Registered
123 Posts
Update!

Well, thanks to SONYtec, my rifle should be good to go. Wish I thought about knocking the pins out sooner, as when I was trying the old brute strength method, I may have lost a bit of brown plastic from the spring ends giving me grief.

I want to thank everyone who helped out again. I look forward to getting to know the platform better, in addition to the people on the boards here. Oh, and for those wondering, the double feed was caused after I tried to load the weapon, as fmjblack put it, "HK style".
my 2 cents, spend 60 bucks and get a new trigger pack, you have a $2000+ rifle, a bit of brown plastic could mean your life someday, for me its a no brainer, My OCD would explode if I didnt lol

Reactions: SONYtec

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
it is? I didnt think the trigger pack came out or went in with the hammer up. how could the trigger go that far up, was it pulled out in the fire position? does the safety sear prevent this if I'm wrong
It isn't supposed to, but when forced out of the rifle, that will happen. It will also happen if you release the hammer when the pack is out of the weapon, and letting it fly.

If FNH left the auto sear in the pack, it would limit the movement of the hammer, obviously.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
my 2 cents, spend 60 bucks and get a new trigger pack, you have a $2000+ rifle, a bit of brown plastic could mean your life someday, for me its a no brainer, My OCD would explode if I didnt lol

It's a good idea to have a spare pack, just in case.

Reactions: Teufelshunde
1 - 15 of 15 Posts