FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am lame because I live in California (and because my state loves obama) and had to buy a CA. compliant PS90 with extended butt stock and dumb 10 rd mag that i have to wiggle out with a credit card (not to mention i paid $$$$ for it. but i need it!!!)

...anyways my question is this...i bough it from lanworldinc.net which advertised it as a USG PS90 and the picture shows no rails.....however....in my 07 FN commercial/LE desktop swiveling catalog thingy it shows:

PS90- original white plastic rectical, no rails
PS90 Tri-rail- triple rail etc
P90- obvious LE only short barrel with multiple variants etc...

and PS90 USG- which has black metal rectical AND side rails and it even describes the rail in the description.

when i finally recieved my ps90 usg reciever (took 4 weeks for fabrications of stock-and i am now still in my 10 day wait) it only had USG sight but was it also supposed to have the rails?

I dont know if i should try to call them and make an issue of it or not...i am just upset because the FN cataolg describes USG with black recticle AND side rails....

if i am paying soo much money (2500 with dros extra 10/30 mag ffl tax etc) i want to make sure i am not getting jacked for my rails....

other wise is there some one who sells them cheap...fn has rebate i could buy them with that but was looking forward to using the rebate for some more 5.7

any help would be great thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the PS90 family!

The picture of the USG model on the FNHUSA website currently does not show the side rails, and there is no mention in the text specs of the rails being included. Also, there's this little disclaimer beneath the pic:

Images, photographs, etc. shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.

So, I think you may have waited a bit too long to buy your gun. Had you bought it in 2007, it may very well have come with the optional rails.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
The USG (black ring sight and the white ring sight PS90s do not come with rails on them. You have to add them yourself. Sorry.

Oh, I shot ya a Pm too...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Like the others said, The usg and the white ring sight models do not come with rails but they are rails ready. There are a couple of soncers here on the forum the sell good quality rails ready to install and they are not that expensive. I'd suggest that you deside what attachments you want on your PS90 first before you buy the rails. There are standard rails, small single rails, extended rails, double rails, even halo triple rail mounts, not to mention quad rails.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah all well, not really a bid deal i just did not want to get ripped off...i know it for sure shows it on my 07 desktop catalog and mentions in the description but they probably pulled it and or changed it after 07 ....who knows it could have been a catalog that was revised and never really released because i bought it off someone from ebay who had a lot of misc stuff...he may have worked there or something....anyways thats a bunch guys!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I shot ya a Pm too...[/quote]

hey shipwreck i tried to reply to your pm a couple times and it says "failed...debug mode" or something like that....i am interested can i paypal you?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea, its a known issue on the Forum, therm is working on it though :?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
FNShooter said:
hey shipwreck i tried to reply to your pm a couple times and it says "failed...debug mode" or something like that....i am interested can i paypal you?

Pms still go thru even with the error. I got 3 of them from U. I responded back as well.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
YAY u got one from me too!!! :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts