FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the latest VA IG report that these issues, secret lists are VA wide not just in AZ. So how are the other VAs finding out about how to create and use these list? It is not the doctors, it is the administrations that work within the VA system. These administrators have figured different ways to game the system so they can get their bonus regardless of how it affects the vets. These minions need to be put in jail when the IG/ congress identifies illegal activity or other wrong doing on their part. (I know they need to go through the legal system) - but I'm not sure the Department Of Justice will do anything. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
My opinion is that of someone that works and receives treatment from the VA. This is not a "provider" issue, this is the leadership/administration issue. As providers we are not given much guidance or instruction as to policies until something happens---whether it's a scandal like this one, or we have a specific client with a unique need that doesn't fall into the standard treatment categories. While I personally think micromanagement will only further hinder the providers from doing their job effectively, there needs to be more insight and guidance from the top to the bottom.

However, as a client I also think this problem has been going on for way longer than anybody including the people in administration realize. IMO the way to fix it is to bring in some external consultants to rework how the administration polices and practices go. Then hire 2x more providers (doctors, nurses, psychologists, social workers) than they project a need for. While I don't think having a 2 week wait is unreasonable, anything longer than that is inexcusable unless they need some specialty treatment that requires a specific certification/training level. Then, the administrators need to find and contract someone within the local community to do this work to take care of the veteran's needs.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
fortunately even some of the democrats are scrambling to get something done regarding this; including the sacking of the head guy at the VA. I know it's an election year, but some folks on both sides of the isle have been working the problem (not to be confused with working the politics) for a long time.

Sen. Warner calls for Shinseki's outster | WVEC.com Norfolk - Hampton Roads

Reactions: Hairlesswookiee
1 - 3 of 3 Posts