FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2nd panel simply was a Trauma-Pad and the SS198 ammo is supposedly restricted L/E and not civilian but many think it will defeat 3A but have yet to see it doing that!

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
:spank:

You just can't leave well enough alone with the five seven. Seems you are plenty happy with your Tok. Keep it and don't buy a five seven :biggrin: everyone's happy.

Personally i don't carry my Fiveseven because I think it's some magical body armor defeating pistol which I will need because I think I will be attacked by body armor wearing bad guys at any second. There is ammo that will defeat 3A if the need arises. I'll tell you what you are probably not going to do. Convince anyone to buy into tok.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG! Just posted a Vid and get jumped on! Get ur facts straight Kameron, I have a 5.7, ps90 and a FS2000 since 2007! Thank's!

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Might want to think about selling anything 5.7 related then. Seems you want to put it down at every turn. Different tools in the tool box Vz. I am sure other calibers are better than 5.7 at a multitude of different things. My point is that you seem to want to post negative things about the FSN and how other calibers are better everytime you post on the subject.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Are you ever going to stop being a Debby downer about ss198? It was never designed to defeat IIIa soft armor. That's what ss190 was for. I'll have some of these panels in house soon to test. Along with hopefully a IIIA hard plate. I'll take requests on what to hit it with.
That's like the kettle calling the pot black with all the vids of 5.7 u put up! U also have some up of ss198 not doing good against 3A!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
That's like the kettle calling the pot black with all the vids of 5.7 u put up! U also have some up of ss198 not doing good against 3A!
How so? Every time you find something penetrating level IIIA, you come over here, make a thread, and boast about how SS190 costs so much for civilians, and SS198LF can't do that, etc. When I tested SS198LF against IIIA, it's results were inconsistent. I didn't come here, and start exclaiming that it's not impressive, etc. It was never designed for that role. It was designed to be a cheaper training round for agencies when they couldn't use SS190 (think indoor range banning steel in bullets) It's shoots roughly the same POI as SS190, and does tumble like SS190.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I simply put up a vid which showed how in-effective all ammo used against 3A was in this case, that was all and others always act like SS198 was a Magical "Dragon-Slayer" bullet, which it isn't!

There also is a Vid by U showing SS198 not penetrating 3A, I do wish next vid u test any X25 ammo u would use some genuine Milsurp instead of useless modern Junk!

Remember in the Liberty Ammo Vid by everybodys favorite Mac using Bulgarian X25 against 3A and he was shocked how well it did and then starts telling falsely the Bulg was impossible to find!:-D

One sad thing about this Forum is if 1 says anything truthful about any FN product or ammo the he gets jumped by 90% of the members, I have been using the 5.7 ammo in several guns for 8 yrs and do so and think they are great for target shooting and hunting small Vermin which I do so even with my PS90!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I simply put up a vid which showed how in-effective all ammo used against 3A was in this case, that was all and others always act like SS198 was a Magical "Dragon-Slayer" bullet, which it isn't!

There also is a Vid by U showing SS198 not penetrating 3A, I do wish next vid u test any X25 ammo u would use some genuine Milsurp instead of useless modern Junk!

Remember in the Liberty Ammo Vid by everybodys favorite Mac using Bulgarian X25 against 3A and he was shocked how well it did and then starts telling falsely the Bulg was impossible to find!:-D

One sad thing about this Forum is if 1 says anything truthful about any FN product or ammo the he gets jumped by 90% of the members, I have been using the 5.7 ammo in several guns for 8 yrs and do so and think they are great for target shooting and hunting small Vermin which I do so even with my PS90!
No one here is claiming any 5.7 rounds being magical dragon slayer rounds. I know what my results were when I tested it, I'm not sure why you're trying to infer I don't.

Same with those 7.62x25 TOK rounds. One was reloaded by the guy, and the other was a milsurp round. Please link me to these magical X25 TOK rounds. I recall some of them being for subguns only, and sorry my friends won't blow up their pistols to make you happy.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Are you ever going to stop being a Debby downer about ss198? It was never designed to defeat IIIa soft armor. That's what ss190 was for. I'll have some of these panels in house soon to test. Along with hopefully a IIIA hard plate. I'll take requests on what to hit it with.
I have a request.

Hit it with the heads of all the illiterate and ignorant members on this forum.

It might take you a while to get through testing.

But since nothing gets through their heads, perhaps their heads will get through the armor.

Who knows.

Reactions: Buffman
1 - 20 of 23 Posts