FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, I just received a new X-products lower and fit and finish are excellent. I waited a long time but they were very responsive to my requests for updates and I am glad I stuck with it. Ordered in April as a "pre-order" and received it today. Very happy with the product. It adds exactly 5 oz so not too heavy. I wanted to keep my factory lower intact so I sourced a Geissele trigger when they had the sale on blemished parts and got it for $225 I believe. Some lower parts are hard to get right now but I found a complete set on gunbroker from Handl Defense for $250. The lower was $337 on sale.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Wood

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was tight initially. I think it was a slight build-up of the cerakote on the back lug where it goes into the rear of the receiver and stock. After removing and reattaching it a few times it is still snug but goes on and off much easier and the take-down pin can be pushed by hand. I would rather have it tight than loose.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It was tight initially. I think it was a slight build-up of the cerakote on the back lug where it goes into the rear of the receiver and stock. After removing and reattaching it a few times it is still snug but goes on and off much easier and the take-down pin can be pushed by hand. I would rather have it tight than loose.
i preordered my x-17 this summer as well. I had to use some 600 grit sand paper to even be able to get the takedown pin close to going in. Definitely a build up of the finish, but it works now. Also my timney trigger wouldn’t work with it for some reason (safety wouldn’t engage)? Swapped a Geissele in and had no issue with it. So don’t buy it if you have a timney and don’t won’t to replace the trigger.

After paying and waiting for 14 months on the Stryker lower (got a refund after 14 months), I was just happy to have a lower that takes pmags.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Two questions:
1) Does this retain the folding stock?
2) Is the main reason for the replacement to be able to accept non-factory magazines?
1. The stock catches on the upper, not the lower so yes the stock stays put when folded and this lower does not interfere with the latch..
2. Yes, uses SR25 mags and drums. Much cheaper and more options, particularly drums.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts