FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SCAR 16s should be available to me in a couple weeks. It is my first rifle. Wanted to get a case. First looking at the Pelican 1750 with an internal length of 50". I am also considering an alternative --- getting a shorter case that would allow me to carry the 16s in its 3 main pieces. Are their any risks carrying the SCAR broken down in a solid foam lined Pelican case?

Thanks for any guidance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Incomplete original posting

Thanx for the reply. I messed up and forgot to be more specific in my original post that i have a safe (with dehumidifier) for storage when i am not using it. My question is about transporting to and from my house. Is it better carrying it to and from the range in a long case, like the Pelican 1750? Or can i safely carry it in a shorter, stubbier case broken down in the 3 main components? This would allow me some options in case size for transportation. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanx for the reply. I messed up and forgot to be more specific in my original post that i have a safe (with dehumidifier) for storage when i am not using it. My question is about transporting to and from my house. Is it better carrying it to and from the range in a long case, like the Pelican 1750? Or can i safely carry it in a shorter, stubbier case broken down in the 3 main components? This would allow me some options in case size for transportation. Thanks.
I carry my SCAR 16s and all other rifles to range in zip up soft long bags.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Buy a soft case with a internal length of at least 28" & keep the rifle folded in it. If you buy a pelican the last thing you will be doing with it is carrying it around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts