FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI imma newbie member and a new PS90 owner...I have the USG model. I was wondering which companies do you recommend? Critical Dimensions vs Magazineparts.com vs mpf tech (Those are the only 3 i know of that make aftermarket PS90 parts)...

I AM LOOKING TO TAKE OFF THE BLACK RETICLE SIGHT AND ADD A OPTICAL RAIL AND EXTENDED SIDE RAILS. What company makes the lowest optical rail for the USG? I'd like to know the quality of those companies products too..

Also i am thinking of getting a 2nd PS90 in the Tri Rail model....You guys think that would be a waste of money, and I should just stick with the USG model?? Or could you guys let me know the pros and cons of having a Tri Rail model versus the USG..

I would appreciate any opinions and advice. Thanks guys! :D

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
I like the Critical Dimensions Stuff , which I have. His products are mil spec quality, great to deal with and great price. Oh, :? fast shipping too!

·
Registered
426 Posts
The PS90 TR, with it's fixed Mil-Std 1913 rail mounting interface, provides the lowest profile rail mounting Optic option of the PS90 & optional Rail variations. Consideration should be given to the respectable model PS90's fit & feel to the specifc end user. Target Acquisition and eye relief are very important with all PS90's due to the size vs fit of the individual end user and required parameters of certain electro optics. There is also a fixed mounting application available for the mini-Aimpoint & Trijicons that has them setting within the parameters of the ring-sight optics. You'll need to look offsite for the sale of the mounts but forum sponsor TrueHunterSupply has great deals on optics.
What type of Optic is going to be used? That's going to play a big role in the end application.
For instance, the use of an EOTech on a PS90 USG will justify the use of extended side rails, due to the wide base of the EOTech blocking access to the FNH factory & lower profile side rails while mounted. Same applies to an EOTech on a PS90 TR, extended side rails are available for that application also. The use of an Aimpoint or similar optic doesn't require extended side rails and you can also get longer length side rails and/or spacers to offset side rails if needed to get what works best.
The options to configure a PS90 to fit an individuals needs are available from multiple sources these days. Unfortunatley Cost, Availability, Quality, And Customer Service are those factors which must be considered beyond identifying what kit works best for you. Check out the product reviews and other post here on the FNForum, lots of good info on mounting applications, optics, accessories and vendors for the PS90.
Make sure to check out other FNForum Sponsoring vendors, like Promoted Pawn, you can never tell what you may find or learn, everyone has their own spin on things.

I'd be interested in trading towards or buying the Black Reticle take-off if the plan is to get rid of it.
Any questions or comments?
Just email: [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
My opinion

The critical dimensions stuff I ordered was of Excellant quality, packaged perfectly, and shipped almost immediatly.

I would never hesitate to send them my business..

Great Company

Rich

·
Registered
214 Posts
I vote for Mag Parts, and it's not just because I've designed most of the stuff. We were the first to the market on many P90 / PS90 accessories and have inspired other vendor's products. We've got experience with every variant of the P90 and PS90, including silenced.

We've designed our site to be a one-stop-shop for your PS90 accessory needs including magazine conversion plates, side rails, brass catchers, and high-quality magazine springs.

I've also had the chance to compare our products to others, and I have to say, I haven't seen a "blacker" black than that of our hard-anodized products. I've seen some gray or even with a tint of purple to it. We have a STATED satisfaction guarantee. If one of our products doesn't meet your needs, send it back.

We hope to have our video edited soon showing the quality of the Dual Magazine Clamp in our torture test. The magazines gave up before our Dual Mag Clamp did.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
P90wn3r said:
We have a STATED satisfaction guarantee. If one of our products doesn't meet your needs, send it back.
I will have to give them props for that one.
I had to exchange a PS90 quad-rail a while back and a new one was shipped out to me ASAP.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: NEWBIE HERE....CRIT. DIMENSION vs MAG.PARTS.COM vs MPF T

eliot.79 said:
HI imma newbie member and a new PS90 owner...I have the USG model. I was wondering which companies do you recommend? Critical Dimensions vs Magazineparts.com vs mpf tech (Those are the only 3 i know of that make aftermarket PS90 parts)...

I would appreciate any opinions and advice. Thanks guys! :D
I would recommend Critical Dimensions if you want to get what you order in a timely manner.

I have never dealt with MPF Tech so I cannot speak for their parts or service.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Re: NEWBIE HERE....CRIT. DIMENSION vs MAG.PARTS.COM vs MPF T

ffRich said:
I would recommend Critical Dimensions if you want to get what you order in a timely manner.
+1 on Critical Dimensions
They ship quick!
Then again I do live about 1 hour away from them... :-D
But seriously though, Ken is top notch! :?

G

·
We have 99% of orders out in 24 hours M-F, and 100% of all orders with products that are in stock within that time frame. No matter where you order from, make sure that products are in stock. Most websites list their product status on their website, so be sure to check the status so you're aware of any delays that may be encountered because of this.

MagazineParts.com has several thousand satisfied PS90 customers, and we can't wait to make you one as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts