FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I tried my fs2000 on the range. When my time was up I believe I removed my mags, pulled the charging handle, check if there's a load, pulled the trigger no shot. I thought it was already ok to leave so I bagged my fs then went home. First time to strip so I tried checking again to make sure but it seems like it's loaded as I cannot pull the charging handle anymore. I'm planning to go back to the range tomorrow morning to make sure that there's no bullet lodged on it. Are there any other ways to check ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Lift up the Chamber cover and look when you pull CH back?? You can use a Cleaning rod, if you can get someone to measure an empty chamber bbl then you can stick one in your muzzle end and measure how far it goes...??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't pull back the CH as it doesn't want to move, and the switch inside the cover also doesn't move.

I haven't tried to measure the barrel. I'm planning to go back to the range and try to fire it if there's a spent shell or live inside. Just to be sure before I strip it down. Is it safe to disassemble it even when it doesn't want to charge like this?

thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would just disassemble it. When you separate the two halves, there will be nothing around to strike the primer so even if it is chambered, you'll be safe.

If you can, take some pics. I think we'd all benefit from them. My FS has been nothing but 100% .. so some pics of a failure like this might be good for education.

Reactions: accessdenied

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, that's good to know that I can disassemble it safely. I'll take some pics during this process and post it here. If there are other suggestions that would be great.
Thanks again.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
I do not own one, and I am not a Gunsmith. Be sure to Double check anything I suggest with a Gunsmith. I would hate if firing it caused failure.

+1 on Disassembly if safely possible..

Contact Jim @ Stryker Enterprises a Forum Vendor he will have the safe answers, so will Moderators JHS, HK SD9 TACTICAL, or Talhoffer!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried disassembly. One thing though is that I cannot remove just the upper. The bolt carrier is attached to the upper and I can't seem to detach it from the upper. Any advise ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I know, to release the hammer I have to mpress the trigger which I don't want to do. I just have to inspect first if there's a live ammo inside.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Ummm...

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Bolt locking lugs are exposed, but the bolt assembly won't separate from the barrel assembly... strange.

If you can remove both those from the stock I wound do it, so the hammer group isn't hanging anything up.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Then see if you can separate the bolt assembly form the barrel assembly. My guess is you still have something in the chamber, that's stuck.

Proceed with caution.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally did it. Here are pics of what I got.

I'm still jot sure what happened. I was able to clean it, put it back and will try adverse setting when I go back to the range next week. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
The primer missing from the casing is interesting......

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not the expert here, but is anyone else thinking this case was short-stroked, failed to eject, then got slammed/jammed awkwardly back into the chamber at a weird enough angle it chewed up the case neck like that? Accessdenied - are you sure the primer isn't rattling around in part of the rifle? And out of curiosity, what ammo is that?

·
Administrator
12,041 Posts
Well it is a LC case so it can reasonably assumed to be factory 5.56 unless it was reloaded.

The primer missing has got me a little concerned especially if this was a reload.

Please provide information on the ammunition, source, purchase date, lot, everything that you can let us know about it. Projectile weight etc etc....

If it was a reload, case trim length, powder load, powder type, AOL, projectile type, and most of all, who reloaded it?

·
Registered
379 Posts
@HK SD9 Tactical, pardon my ignorance here. What concerns you about the missing primer? I can understand that it is a concern, but am curios as to the reason. Though I don't own a Tuna, I am still interested in all the information I can get for when I do get the fundage to purchase a Tuna of my own.

KW

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well it is a LC case so it can reasonably assumed to be factory 5.56 unless it was reloaded.

The primer missing has got me a little concerned especially if this was a reload.

Please provide information on the ammunition, source, purchase date, lot, everything that you can let us know about it. Projectile weight etc etc....

If it was a reload, case trim length, powder load, powder type, AOL, projectile type, and most of all, who reloaded it?

By The By, the L.C. refers to Lake City Arsenal, correct?

KW

Reactions: HK SD9 Tactical
1 - 20 of 24 Posts