FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys went to my local store to pick out a new gun and went to look at a Glock gen 4 21 and Sig 227. Glock Felt like a brick and the sig just IDK didnt do it for me Then i saw the FNX 45 and fell in love so they had one FDE and on black one so i went with the FDE one. My question is are there any upgrades etc that are available. The only thing i could see that i might not like is the Long trigger reset.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Forum sponsor Cerakote does a performance package for it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Grats on the nice gun, if you want a laser/light, I'd highly advise a tlr-2, I went with the green, love it!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Before you get all crazy with custom trigger jobs put a few hundred rounds through and then see if you need a trigger job. I have the FNX-45 and FNX-9 and love the trigger on both. I've put about 1000 rounds through the 45 and about 2000 through the 9. Personally, don't think they need a custom trigger job.

What are your plans for the 45? My 45 is just a range toy and my 9 is my EDC.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy the FNX!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have only about 500 riunds down the range with my FNX45 tac, but I can say I really lke the trigger. Yes it is long when shooting double action, but if you pull smooth and steady , not jerky or slow it does break nice....surprises you. And as far as the single action...get used to how to manage the take-up and it is just wonderful. Of course my opinion!

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts