FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought this home yesterday, had to buy it, as it already is connected to me in some way ;-)

That's a Slovenian MGV-176 (Clone of the American 180).

Caliber .22LR
176 Round Magazine
Factory Silencer
1600 Shots in 1 Minute (Damn baaaaad ROF)

Why did I buy that? Cause it was used against me, when I was involved in a Hostage Rescue Situation. I was hit 7 times into my Ballistic Vest, and 3 times in my leg.

This thing is damn dangerous. It doesn't penetrate Ballistic Vests, it drills through ;-)

If you use CCI Mini Mag, I have calculated, that if you shoot Full Auto, and the first bullet is 10 Meters away from the barrel the second one just leaves the barrel. I tried it yesterday at a range, and used .22 tracer ammunition I had for a long time, and never used.

All u could see, was a damn straight beam of bullets, lol.

I gotta love that :mrgreen:

BTW: Price was around $300 with 3 Mags :mrgreen:

Reaper

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Wow. I've never seen, much less heard of that before. Being in the US, there are a lot of European and Russian and Chinese stuff we never even hear about.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Can I ask you what you paid for it? An American 180 here will run 10,000 to 14,000 grand depending on shape and use. The cheapest Class 3 here would be a M10 running just north 4 grand. Even a Thompson here will run between 18,000 to 100 grand! We can no longer register machine guns, can only buy the ones that were here before 1986, once they are beyond repair the have to be disposed of! You can not replace the receivers even if you put the correct replacement numbers on it. I hate our gun laws, we have two sets, federal and state and both are closing in fast!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Price is just above my name at the end of the post ;-)

The gun was confiscated, and now that the former owner has been sent to prison for 18 Years, the weapon is no longer needed as a proof. Therefor, it was sold to me, as I was the one that wanted it. Normal civilians can't buy weapons like that, only Staff or Dealers, if they have the needed clean background.

Still, it's a gun that could have killed someone, and if it wasn't me, that got shot with it, I wouldn't have bought it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts