FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Good vid. Like the caliber. Hope the new casings work out well and come to fruition. That's a weight saver indeed. I worry about the barrel profile being a little too light for a squad automatic weapon though, and I didn't hear mention of a quick change barrel capability. I certainly do like the 6.8 caliber. I've held off on buying a 6.8 rifle to wait until the final specs of it are decided on. It seems to have had some changes made since it's inception.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good vid. Like the caliber. Hope the new casings work out well and come to fruition. That's a weight saver indeed. I worry about the barrel profile being a little too light for a squad automatic weapon though, and I didn't hear mention of a quick change barrel capability. I certainly do like the 6.8 caliber. I've held off on buying a 6.8 rifle to wait until the final specs of it are decided on. It seems to have had some changes made since it's inception.
This isn’t the same 6.8 SPC from years ago. SIG 6.8 is based on their 277 Fury. I’m sure the other competitors have their own 6.8 ammo flavors.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My big concern is that I could see it be relatively easy to get the belt turned around and loaded backwards, particularly in the field after dark. I spent a chunk of time in TRADOC training new recruits and I don't see that being "private proof."

·
Registered
20 Posts
If only we actually had true freedom (our inalienable right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness (aka negative rights)) in this country to own it. But alas, nearly all of our rights to arms (Weapons of War) are criminalized. All we can get access to is a very restricted list of pew pew guns....FML

I just recently watched this and I really like that 6.8 SPC. Seems like a really solid round!
Hands down I think it is the best of the 4 rounds displayed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts