FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread a while back (don't remember which one) in which we were discussing the NFA's promise to reduce backlogs and bring down wait times. My argument was, they were doing an ok job. Whelp.....i think they have been doing more than that based on these numbers.....

https://www.atf.gov/file/89561/download

Relevant page is Page 13....Reader's Digest version:

Form 1's Form 4's
2013 9347 57294
2014 22,380 107921

Pretty impressive the wait time is still as short as it is, all things considered. AGAIN, not that i think it couldn't be better or that there should be ANY anyhow....but...like i said....was 12 months wait no that long ago, and the numbers were half of what they are now....

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
My dot is somewhere off the top of that chart... My dads too. At least mine was approved last week after 1.33 years waiting. My dad is still waiting. I guess some slip through the cracks sometimes. Yeah I know I'm selfish because those numbers on that chart are the majority. I just hope I fall in line properly with the latest suppressor purchase (June).

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Not sure if this goes in this thread.

We had two form 4 mailed on a monday via certified priority mail from Texas. They were received on a Wednesday and checks cashed on a Friday.

We thought that was pretty quick as far as the checks getting cashed. Of course that may be just SOP for the ATF.

I guess the wait really starts after the checks are cashed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not sure if this goes in this thread.

We had two form 4 mailed on a monday via certified priority mail from Texas. They were received on a Wednesday and checks cashed on a Friday.

We thought that was pretty quick as far as the checks getting cashed. Of course that may be just SOP for the ATF.

I guess the wait really starts after the checks are cashed.

Standard procedure. Arrival in Atlanta, strip and deposit the check, which is electronically processed then the paperwork goes to WV.

My dot is somewhere off the top of that chart... My dads too. At least mine was approved last week after 1.33 years waiting. My dad is still waiting. I guess some slip through the cracks sometimes.

1.3 years, either something was wrong with the transfer, ie: paperwork issue, dealer screw up etc, or it was actually lost somewhere in the ATF abyss. The only ones that I honestly saw go 1 year+ were sent in first half of 2013, post election.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
There was a couple of contributing factors. The first thing was that it got filed electronically at first (this was April 2014). It got "lost in the system". That wasn't discovered until June 2014. After that discovery was made silincershop filed it via paper. Then it was approved January of 2015. The stamp was sent but got lost in the mail. The shop requested a copy of the stamp in Feb. the stamp wasn't receieved until a week ago.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My LGD said the threat of trusts needing LEO signature and fingerprints got people in his shop buying suppressors to the point where he is on backorder in a lot of places. He told me 100 days seems to be the norm as of late.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.