FN Herstal Firearms banner
1901 - 1920 of 1929 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Is this still the correct number to call when checking on form status? (304) 616-4500

I'm figuring early July based on Silencer Shop's tracking but who knows. I've never called once to even make sure the form got into the system.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Is this still the correct number to call when checking on form status? (304) 616-4500
That's the number. Good luck, hope it's soon.

Reactions: Smurky and Milspec

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
That's the number. Good luck, hope it's soon.
Thank you sir. I mailed it in mid August so I'm hoping I'm in the home stretch. One reason that calling is on my to do list is because of the LGS I went through.

They are good people but last time I did NFA through them, my stamps were sitting there for over a week and they apparently forgot to call me.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Thank you sir. I mailed it in mid August so I'm hoping I'm in the home stretch. One reason that calling is on my to do list is because of the LGS I went through.

They are good people but last time I did NFA through them, my stamps were sitting there for over a week and they apparently forgot to call me.
Arm Hand Joint Finger Ear

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I made the call and was told that my stamp was approved on May 20th! It's been roughly a week shy of 10 months from mailing.

Now, when do I start stalking my LGS to see if they have it? ATF said to allow 45 days for mailing.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I made the call and was told that my stamp was approved on May 20th! It's been roughly a week shy of 10 months from mailing.

Now, when do I start stalking my LGS to see if they have it? ATF said to allow 45 days for mailing.
Every damn day you call lol.

Reactions: Milspec

·
Registered
118 Posts
On August 13 I submitted two form 1s through a trust. One for a SBR one for a suppressor. On August 31st I was approved and the tax stamp was e-mailed to me through a PFD file. I'm still waiting for the suppressor, but since I'm the manufacturer on the form 1 instead of a known company, it takes about 10 days longer. So the SBR took 10 business days from submission to getting the stamp.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Form 4 Individual
Purchased Tuesday, June 9, 2020 – Form 3 To Dealer
Form 4 Paperwork Sent To BATFE, Monday, July 6, 2020
Check Cashed By BATFE, Friday, July 17, 2020
Form 4 Approved By BATFE Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Form 4 Postmarked By USPS Zip Code 25405 Monday, November 16, 2020
Form 4 Delivered By USPS To My Dealer Friday, November 20, 2020
Form 4 & YHM Suppressor Picked Up Sunday, November 22, 2020
Round trip from check cashed to stamp & can in hand 126 days (4 months, 3 days). Can’t blame the USPS for any delay this time around…

·
Banned
105 Posts
Yankee Hill Machine R9 Suppressor
Individual - Form 4
Check Cashed 9/16/2020
Approved 2/9/2021
Stamp still in the mail, somewhere.
I picked up my YHM R9 today (3/7) from my dealer. As I said earlier it was approved on Tuesday, 2/9, the envelope was postmarked Monday, 3/1 and it arrived at my dealer's on Thursday, 3/4. So it sat for approximately 20 days at the ATF and then took 4 days from postmark to arrival at my dealers. That illustrates, for what it's worth at least in my case, that the delay is at ATF, not the PO.

1901 - 1920 of 1929 Posts