FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 17s and since I cannot go shoot it until next weekend I am going over the parts/reading up on the gun. I am seeing mixed reports of this being normal wear and not normal, this is a NIB 17s so I am wondering why this cam pin looks like this after just the factory test fire but I have found a post on the 16s forums of peoples cam pins that dont look close to that after (supposedly) thousands of rounds. Link to the pic of my pin below, should I contact FN about this?

imgur: the simple image sharer

·
Registered
6,616 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good, I think the reason that I am so paranoid about this rifle and the parts is how good of a deal I got on it not to mention the fact that it was in the finish I wanted FDE so I just want to make sure I didnt get a lemon/or someone messed with the rifle. I will quit the paranoid posts haha. Any recommendations for grease/lube for the BCG? I saw the write up on the oiling guide and also read it isnt a bad idea to put some grease on that cam pin. Thanks again!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I use wilson combat grease on the BCG and a little on the cam pin.. Hence the wear marks lol

not sure if I'm doing things right, but it doesn't seem the badass gun cares..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts