Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW in box FACTORY BUILT DPMS Panther Lite Carbine AR-15 5.56mm rifles - $645*

16-inch barrel, collapsible stock, A1 sights, forged T-7076 recievers...

$645* plus $25 shipping.

*This price is cash check or money order, please add 3% for credit cards. Shipping is $25. Insurance is optional at $1 per $100.

QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED!

To get this price you MUST email me here: [email protected]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

This is a special buy. I have about 15 left.

I don't think they can be had cheaper anywhere!

:shock:

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
You know, when Hell-ary gets into power, members will be saying - oh remember the good ol' times when you could pick up a brand new AR for under $700? - Cause they will be banned or grandfathered - in either case - $3,000 in a hurry.

Sweet deal chief - I swear by DMPS - better than Bush IMHO.

-TH

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think DPMS is the sleeper AR...

Everyone I talk to that owns em loves em. That includes the .308 too.
Good nuff for me.

John, I have an A3 in stock, but it cost me more than these. I have to get $749 for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1st rifle

That sounds like a real good deal. I've been thinking about buying my first rifle. Would this be a good one? I've never fired an AR-15, and there seems to be A LOT of choices and mods you can make, so I'm not sure if this is the way to go. Right now I've been going to the range pretty regularly and firing my M&P .40 (which I think is amazing) and my FNP9 (taking some time to adjust). I've fired my buddy's Beretta CX4 Storm. Right now they have the .40 on sale at Bud's for $472. I had a great time firing it, seemed fairlly easy to operate, and found that I was hitting the target at 60 feet using the iron sights. Anyone wanna give me some advice? What I find interesting about the AR is that as I progress, I can start adding different components and shaping it to what I like. You can't do that with the Storm....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the AR is WAY versatile and much more effective out to MUCH longer ranges than the CX4 will do.

The DPMS are excellent guns. They are all forged and have excellent reps. Years ago, they made an econo model with a cast receiver. Even though I've never seen a cast receiver fail, they are inferior and less desireable than forged (mil spec) receivers.

The $645 is a great deal on a excellent A2 Carbine! I do not think you can find a better deal on a factory built AR-15. Comes with 2 mags, cleaning kit and sling.

·
Administrator
11,374 Posts
I just got this rifle yesterday and it is a Lite 16 and not the Claassic A2 as shown above. The major differences are the front sights (A1 vs A2), weight (5.7 lbs vs 6.9 lbs), length (3/4 inch difference), and upper reciever (the Lite has the A1 sight for windage only where the A2 has both windage and elevation).

I sent Buds a email and am awaiting a response about the discrepancies. What is shown is not what was sent.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is true.
Looks like they are all Panther Lites and were called "A2s" on our invoice. We only got 20 of them.
We have offered to pick up at our expense with a full refund or send a $30 refund if those who got them want to keep them. Thats $615 for a new in box DPMS Panther Lite 16-inch carbine with forged receivers, A2 features other than the A1 sights, and 2 mags, cleaning kit, sling and hard case, and full warranty.

So far, out of 4 that went out, 2 have opted to keep them and receive the $30 refund, one is yet to reply to the email, and one has requested replacement with an A2. This only came to our attention yesterday afternoon. You'd think the guys in shipping would know the difference between A2 and A1 sights. But they missed it.

Still a great deal.

·
Administrator
11,374 Posts
Turbozag said:
This is true.
Looks like they are all Panther Lites and were called "A2s" on our invoice. We only got 20 of them.
We have offered to pick up at our expense with a full refund or send a $30 refund if those who got them want to keep them. Thats $615 for a new in box DPMS Panther Lite 16-inch carbine with forged receivers, A2 features other than the A1 sights, and 2 mags, cleaning kit, sling and hard case, and full warranty.

So far, out of 4 that went out, 2 have opted to keep them and receive the $30 refund, one is yet to reply to the email, and one has requested replacement with an A2. This only came to our attention yesterday afternoon. You'd think the guys in shipping would know the difference between A2 and A1 sights. But they missed it.

Still a great deal.
Lee at Buds is great to work with. I have spoken with him and he has assured me that we will be able to resolve the discrepancy with this firearm purchase.

I has been a pleasure to work with Lee and I am sure that the resolution will be swift and fair.

Thanks again to Lee for his help with this issue.

Buds gets 5 STARS in my book, and I will certainly consider them as a primary source of my future firearms purchases.

·
Administrator
11,374 Posts
HK SD9 Tactical said:
Turbozag said:
This is true.

Still a great deal.
Lee at Buds is great to work with. I have spoken with him and he has assured me that we will be able to resolve the discrepancy with this firearm purchase.

I has been a pleasure to work with Lee and I am sure that the resolution will be swift and fair.

Thanks again to Lee for his help with this issue.

Buds gets 5 STARS in my book, and I will certainly consider them as a primary source of my future firearms purchases.
OOPS! May have spoke too soon.

Be careful here folks. You may not get what you ordered or expected. While I will compliment Buds for follow-up, I was less than pleased with the overall transaction. While they bent over backwards to get me to either accept the lesser rifle with a small discount or to return the rifle to them with a full refund, what they advertised for sale is not what I received (even after they confirmed to me in an e-mail that what I was getting was a "straight A2 and not the Lite"). It was blamed on an inventory mis-marked issue. (Supposedly "Lites" were mis-inventoried as A2's).

BUYER BEWARE - You man not get what was advertised.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't change things to cover anything.
I did it to every add so that nobody else would think they were A2s.

For the 4 that were delivered as A2s, I was instructed to offer a FULL refund, including shipping and transfer fees, and return shipping, or offer to let the buyers keep them and receive a $30 check, making the guns $615.

We did not have any A2s to begin with, nor do we have any now.

Sorry if that level of service is not good enough.

Two of the 4 were fine with the $30 back and a great deal on a NIB DPMS for $615. One is demanding "at least a $70 refund" (you perhaps?), and one has not replied.

The difference between the 2 rifles is A1 vs A2 sights and the light-weight barrel on the Panther.

These rifles were listed as "A2 models" from our distributor. We thought they were A2s until it was too late to catch the 4 that went out.

·
Administrator
11,374 Posts
Turbozag said:
I didn't change things to cover anything.
I did it to every add so that nobody else would think they were A2s.

For the 4 that were delivered as A2s, I was instructed to offer a FULL refund, including shipping and transfer fees, and return shipping, or offer to let the buyers keep them and receive a $30 check, making the guns $615.

We did not have any A2s to begin with, nor do we have any now.

Sorry if that level of service is not good enough.

Two of the 4 were fine with the $30 back and a great deal on a NIB DPMS for $615. One is demanding "at least a $70 refund" (you perhaps?), and one has not replied.

The difference between the 2 rifles is A1 vs A2 sights and the light-weight barrel on the Panther.

These rifles were listed as "A2 models" from our distributor. We thought they were A2s until it was too late to catch the 4 that went out.
Sorry Lee.

I was kind of peeved when I wrote the post and I deleted it immediately. But not fast enough. Hopefully (and I appologise if any one else did see it) that no one did.

It was in bad form for me to vent here.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No problem Steven.
I appreciate you doing that.
I understand your frustration.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.