FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NIB FNX 45 Tactical Feedramp Tool Marks and Mag Drop Issues - Input Appreciated

Anybody get these feed ramp marks on a NIB FNX 45 Tactical?
Also, When I press the mag release in, mag drops about 5mm, then when I let off on the release, mag drops free. This normal?
Pics of your feedramps would be appreciated.
Thanks Tom

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
my tac does the same thing. Too much trouble to send it back for that issue. I assume it has to do with the mag catch which is a known issue. I figure over time rubbing of the mag to the frame will solve the issue

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Ramp looks okay to me (pretty much the same as mine, can't feel any of the marks).

The mag release: mine started off this way, but the more I use it, the better it is getting (pretty much has stopped).

·
Registered
932 Posts
My first FNX 45 (stainless) had the same mag issue but after constant mag release and insertions, it functions almost perfect. My newer black FNX 45 has a smidge of mag hangup but I certain that with constant mag drops and insertions, it will be the same result.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I took out the mag release (pretty easy to do) and just worked it for a while. I am assuming any excess polymer was rubbed off because now the release is smoother than a baby's but and mags drop free perfectly. I wouldn't sweat the feed ramp. Mine isn't crystal clear but the thing cycles ammo 100%... Not a single malfunction in about 400 rounds. Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts