FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the wife and I have been dealing with a stalker for over the bast 2 years, so I have the ITT pvs 14 but holding it and a pistol at the same time is a real PITA. anyway I was considering get a pasgt helmet and mount for it, anybody have experice with it?

I year I have cameras all around at the gate, etc but he knows were they are at and avoids them, I need to catch him in the act and hold him till the law gets here

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Here is my suggestion:

Buy a large mean dog or two. Make sure you post the area with guard dog signs.

Or if your not an animal person.

Instead of video camera's go and buy a few motion activated carmeras(alot cheaper) that they use for deer hunting.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Thanks Ship,

coldair, NVG's have a very limited uses in my opinion, unless you are planning on sniping this intruder, which I advise against.

Alot depends on the landscape your trying to protect.

There are small things that you can do to make your property a less than desireable target for someone. Some are just designed to scare off undesirables.
For example, attaching a laser to a garage door motion light, then preposition small mirrors around the yard area creating a criss cross pattern. It won't hurt the guy but it will scare the crap out of him when your yard lights up with laser beams. LOL

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he watches for when we are not around and breaks the motion lights, the camera's he avoids, he has our phone numbers and we do have a dog a golden but my wife doesn't want him hurt. me either.

I have the weapon part covered, primairy is a bennelli m4 with the night vision compatple eotech and my back up pistol is a sig 229 .357 sig, wife has a .357 mag its finding him and holding him to the leo's come. he has enter our house a few times and even slept on the floor in the one room.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Wow,

Well if this was me I'd get the police involved. If they are of no help (probably won't be) at least you'll have it on the record that you have a home invasion problem and requested assistance from the athorities.

Then I'd get one of my friends to dress like me and depart the home with my wife and /or children one evening. The rest I leave to you to figure out for yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Easy and simple answer, don't take it on yourself.
Hire a P.I. watch your house and get all the evidence you need.
That way you can concentrate on your safety instead of "catching" this guy.
In the long run it will be more productive.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
according to the last couple of LEO's that came out, it is pretty much up to me to catch him, in the act.
so back to my question how well does the pvs 14 work on a pasgt helemt

·
Registered
350 Posts
it works fine if you can afford a plate mount...

as i said before, a hockey helmet mount, or a head strap cage would be cheaper

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
call Tony Soprano :? the best idea is using a game motion activated camera why spend tons of money on equipment and a proper, long recording device over this nut job.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I already have axis cameras and the NV

·
Registered
373 Posts
Are you dealing for Lee County or Naples police?

Does he eat or drink any food when he comes inside?
If so leave some of his favorites laced with sleeping pills.

That or make it impossible to leave once he's inside. You could install some hidden cams inside of your home as well.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I lock all the doors now but he has sat up on our boat at night listening to the stereo then leaving it open for the rain to ruin it 350 bucks down the drain and then he put the drain plug in, we always leave it in the star board cup holder and it filled the boat with water and killed 2 gell cell batteries

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
coldair said:
I lock all the doors now but he has sat up on our boat at night listening to the stereo then leaving it open for the rain to ruin it 350 bucks down the drain and then he put the drain plug in, we always leave it in the star board cup holder and it filled the boat with water and killed 2 gell cell batteries
Ouch!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Messing with your boat is serious business (my family is nothing but fishermen). Are their any laws against hitting this guy with a tranquilizer dart, you could use your NVG while hiding in the bushes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you still having this problem?

The NVG Mount for the PASGT helmet works just fine. I have used one for years both in patroling and driving. The nice thing about the PVS-14 is that you still have some depth perception that you do not have with the PVS-7s. Please let me know if you are still having this problem or not. I may be able to help you out.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes I am still having problems with this, I thought about getting one of those helmets but without having one to try on I was unsure of what to buy

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I feel your pain i got this pos stalking me he keeps filing bs charges (private criminal complaints) saying i`m harassing him on the internet, but each time he files the charges get dismissed by a judge in court. So the pos started coming around my house ( he used the address on the top of the court summons with my name and address on it). I got the F*cker on video trying to look into my windows, and I also got charges filed on him at the magistrate for following me around as well. So your not alone in your fight with stalkers. I only wish the bastard would grow a pair of balls and just kick in my front door so I help him meet Jesus. :D

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Anyone ever think about trapping? Ya know, bear traps. Now ya might have to check to see if a-holes are in-season first but.....

And whatever you do, dont forget where you put them.

If asked, you could say they are industrial grade mouse traps. :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts