FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen/held/shot the Nighthawk AAC Recon? Or a Nighthawk Custom pistol in general? If so, would you kindly provide your opinion.

AAC Recon - Pistols

I know it is stupid expensive. I like to buy once and cry once. It may take a couple of years to get it (like my glass that is finally on the way), but it will hopefully be worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Its a nice gun but you can get one just as good for less money or a better one for the same money. The only draw it has in my opinion is that it is a special edition.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I think for average individuals (as average as someone who's ready to sink several grands into a handgun can be anyways), custom 1911s are more collector items and safe queens. I've held and fired several in the past. They are certain build and fit better than your run of the mill mass produced 1911s, but I have no idea how reliable they are in averse environments and I sincerely doubt anyone who owns one of these have seriously put them through tests as people regularly do with cheaper guns. As mentioned, I wouldn't use an expensive custom 1911 as a suppressed platform. Check out the Remington R1 AAC if you want a more reasonably priced out of the box suppressed 1911 system.

Reactions: bayonet14

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a NHC Enforcer model that's been my duty gun for years. It's been rained on, banged around in the holster getting in and out of police cars, ran hard through handgun classes. Other than replacing my mag springs and recoil spring, it has been flawless ... I have not had one malfunction in almost 3k rounds, and that's been with hardball for practice and 230 grn Fed HST duty ammo. They cost a lot, but it's been the only 1911 I've owned that runs fine, every time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts