FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's nightstand gun here?

I had been using my 9mm Walther P99 A/S, but just swopped it for my HK USPc in 9mm. 1 handed, the HK feels better in my hand - 2 handed, the Walther does. But, I decided to go with the HK, cocked and locked.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Glock 34 practical tactical in 9mm with a combo tac light and laser sight loaded with original Winchester Black Talons.

Reactions: Troublesx10

·
Registered
873 Posts
FNP-45, with a fully loaded extra mag close by.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
FNP-9 USG cocked and locked, loaded with 124gr Speer Gold Dots untill I can get to my 12 ga shotgun.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would use my MC Operator 1911, but because of my young son, I have to now use a gunvault. The opening isn't that big, and its somewhat easy to clank the gun against the opening when removing and putting a gun back.

I don't want to beat the hell outta my 1911 doing that. So, the USPc (and the P99 before) is a little smaller, and is easier to take it in and out.

I can't just leave guns out anymore, and I don't put my carry gun in there - so I don't have to open/close it and put the gun in and out all the time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
FNP 9, chambered&decocked w/ 124gr Hornady Tap XTP (low recoil, less muzzle flash), 2nd mag 124gr Hornady XTP in a gunvault safe.

·
Registered
735 Posts
For the time being, a snub .38spl, but I've been wanting to replace it with an FNP-45 since before I joined here (and before they were even on the shelves, really). The plan is to finally get it next pay day.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Furyataurus said:
All my firearms are loaded and really really close by.
I would have to say the same for me....In my bedroom I have a nightstand on either side of my bed(normal). My H&K .45 Usp is generally there cocked and locked and possibly the Five-seveN. Then on my desk, I have a smaller gun safe with a few of my other guns that I can easily get open in no time and they also have one in the pipe (safety on). My shotty is sitting on the top of my dresser with some good ol 00 buck but I leave one out of the tube so you can get the RACK RACK and then hear the running of the intruders (hopefully). The '90 sits in its case to the left of my "46 XBR and that is ready for action as well. Just fyi, but there are not children or any that I allow in my house when I'm not there. I just don't want to be seen as an irresponsible gun owner. I of course have other as through out the house hidden and some knives too! :twisted: Just a little paranoid since I had two attempted break ins :(

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Glock 17 with TLR-1 light and Lasermax guide rod.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Basic GI model Rock Island 1911, mag full of Hornandy HPs, chamber empty.

I've got others stashed around the house in the same condition - a Bersa 380, my Mossberg 500 12ga, and my FAL

·
Registered
305 Posts
snub nose .38spl :?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge Shotgun with top folder pistol grip stock and Surefire forearm light :wink:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CriticalDimensions said:
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge Shotgun with top folder pistol grip stock and Surefire forearm light :wink:
U ain't gonna mess around with a handgun I see :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts