FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of what a Nikon buckmaster BDC 4.5x14 scope looks like mounted on the FNAR. I went with the BDC because I figure it was best suited for the sillouette shooting that I do at my local gun range. They have 200, 300, 400, 500, 800 yds steel targets set up. I like the 40mm size, its not too big, does not add too much weight, and I think it compliments the overall look.

I included a pic of the Harris bipod and the adapter they make for the rail system. Everything is tight and is made of quality materials. Monday I will find out if the adapter or screws loosen up or stay tight.

I got everything put together three days ago and will go shooting on Monday with South African and some Hornady 168gr handloads that I made. Range report soon to follow, pray for little to no winds. It is usually windy out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Range report

Will be looking forward to your range report! Picked up my rifle three days ago and am now looking at optics.
:-?

Tony

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
It is supposed to be a nice day tomorrow, perhaps I should go and shoot as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not get the swivel type of bipod, should of but I did not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same scope on mine except it's 3-9x40.

I'm very happy with it, as the nikon glass is a ridiculously good value for the price. I got it thinking it would just hold me over a few months until I could get a better scope,, but I like it so much I think I'll stick with it for a while.

As for ring height, I went with medium leopould mounts... tight fit as there is a sliver of light between the scope objective and the rail, but it puts in nice and close to the bore axis.

·
Registered
102 Posts
possible :-x question inbound:

Is there a 20MOA cant to the scope rail? or is it flat? I cant find that answer anywhere.

·
Registered
793 Posts
metalheadisme said:
I have the same scope on mine except it's 3-9x40.

I'm very happy with it, as the nikon glass is a ridiculously good value for the price. I got it thinking it would just hold me over a few months until I could get a better scope,, but I like it so much I think I'll stick with it for a while.

As for ring height, I went with medium leopould mounts... tight fit as there is a sliver of light between the scope objective and the rail, but it puts in nice and close to the bore axis.
Medium rings had my scope touching the rail, I had to go with high.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nikon scope

I had set mine up pretty much the same way. I went with the 4.5-14x40 mil-dot Buckmasters model. Unfortunately, when I went to the range to zero it it was stringing shots in a perfect 6 inch vertical line. The windage was fine. I have to send it back to Nikon. I have replaced it with a Super Sniper 10x42 in Tactical Precision 30mm steel HRT rings. The Harris bipod was mounted via a LaRue QD mount. That sat a bit on the high side for my preference so I have just mounted it directly to the stud on the rail. All in all, it is sub-moa with Hornady TAP 168gr and Federal GM OTM 175gr. I am going to try some Corbon 168 gr match and Winchester 168gr ballistic silvertip this week. Hopefully I will get the scope back from Nikon quickly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought that same exact Nikon 4.5-14x BDC for my FNAR-H without even seeing this post. Then I went to see if any of you guys had that same scope and voila, I find this thread.

Beautiful rifle megawatt!

Good luck with your Nikon, sniperinblue, let us know how it works when you get it back.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:D :D :D :D
Hey_Rabbit said:
I just bought that same exact Nikon 4.5-14x BDC for my FNAR-H without even seeing this post. Then I went to see if any of you guys had that same scope and voila, I find this thread.

Beautiful rifle megawatt!....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts