FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not on a Scar or any rifle but I have looked though it in the store i was really considering getting it for the price. Its really clear for what it is and I love the feel of the turrets, its pretty basic but if youre looking for something cheaper and effective I would say give it a try. I ended up going in a totally different route for a Scope I bought an IOR Valdada 3.5-18x50mm ffp mil/mil and will be doing a review on that as soon as I get it! If you have time maybe that could help you?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have used both the Nikon M223 as well as the M308 on different rifles. Never on a SCAR however.

The Nikons offer a good bang for the buck.
The BDC reticle works but the Nikoplex is also a good alternative if you rather twist turrets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a buddy waiting on his SCAR to arrive and we will put a M-308 onit. I have put 1000's of round's under Nikon's M-308 Scope, both Rapid Action Turret and BDC 800 Reticle. I can't say enough good things about this 4-16 scope. Very clear, easy to use, either version allows you to get right on target fast. I also have one on my Remington 700 AAC .308 that I will be taking to Ks. Mon for the rifle deer opener. I am a big fan of the BDC Reticle for hunting when used with a rangefinder and Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program. I have harvested game to almost 500 yards with a 1 shot stop and prime shooting condition's. Just so you know, I do do some freelance work for Nikon Sport Optic's but rest assured, if this scope didn't perform to my standards I wouldn't be telling you it will serve your needs.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/M-308/lmt308.jpg

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I tried this one on my Scar and it's pretty good. I ended up going with another scope for the Scar, but I do plan on repurposing the Nikon for another rifle. Depending on the price you won't find a better scope. I think I got it for under $450 last Feb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts