FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to mount the P series mount and it's looking like you have to remove the pic rail to slide the scope mounts on. Couple questions:
1-will that void the warranty
2-is the picatinny rail held on just by the 2 screws/nuts?

Thanks

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yeah you have to slip the mount from front to back or back to front. Trust me brother return the Nikon mount and buy some real scope rings. If you buy a QD mount make sure to measure the spaces where you can put on the rings. I got a LaRue QD and the two mounting rings were to far apart. Ultimately I used some old Millet 1" scope rings and am really happy with the P-223 Scope. I got one for X-mas and I have to say I really like it for 100-150yrds.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah you have to slip the mount from front to back or back to front. Trust me brother return the Nikon mount and buy some real scope rings. If you buy a QD mount make sure to measure the spaces where you can put on the rings. I got a LaRue QD and the two mounting rings were to far apart. Ultimately I used some old Millet 1" scope rings and am really happy with the P-223 Scope. I got one for X-mas and I have to say I really like it for 100-150yrds.
If I did want to mount using the Nikon mount, would it just come down to the 2 screws on the side of the picatinni rail? I don't disregard your advice. Money is a factor.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I took your advice. I sold that Nikon AR mount for $25 and bought some UTG High Profile LE grade quick detach 1" rings for like $26. Definitely the way to go. Good advice Justin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts