FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up here visiting family and had the opportunity to check out the first annual Niles Ohio gun show. Unbelievable is too soft a term. Where to start?

Saw one black used FiveseveN, adjustable sights. $1300

Saw one black FS2K for $2000. Never was taken out of the box. Serial number 5XXXX but the guy would not let me partially disassemble to see if it was a Gen 1 or Gen 2 pack. His loss as I would have bought it if it was a Gen 1. I was sure it was a Gen 1 pack. Told him that it was a 99% sale but he refused to let me take a peek. What is it with these people that won't allow you to disassemble (partially) a firearm. Ended up telling him that he lost a sale because I never buy a firearm unless I can disassemble it for examination.

Saw a Colt LE M4. $1400 with nothing on it.......

Saw an HK USPC 40 cal FFDO model with night sights and LEM trigger, factory refurbish for $525 and no one bought it. This is a $700+ handgun. Guy said that he could not believe that it hadn't sold and that he was going to jack up the price another $150 or so at the next gun show and was sure that he would sell it then.

Saw a FNS9 black for $655.

Saw an FNX40 silver over black (?????). $1200

Saw some SS192 for $60 a box. However I could have bought the case (ammo can) for $2000 if I wanted it. I did not.

Saw some SS197 for $32 a box. Told the guy he was nuts asking that price. He countered that it was rare and hard to find. I told him he was full of s$%^ and that it is readably available for less and that there was some AE out there selling for $20 a box. He claimed no knowledge of the AE. All he did was boast about how difficult if not impossible to find any 5.7X28 ammo and how the 5.7 was a POS and not worth the time or effort to bother with. Told him to give me the last 4 boxes of the SS197 and that way he would not have to bother with it. He shut up and left the area to go "get some coffee".

Saw some pulled SS109s for $13 for 100. What is it with these people???????

Saw a cheap ass switchblade for $150. At the next table, there was an identical one (same mfg same model same color) for $75.

Saw some Colt AR15 30 rounders for $30 each...........

Saw lots and lots of bulk ammo but it was all overpriced. None of the new barrier penetrating 5.56 or .308 from LC though.

Could NOT find a bolt for my Arisaka Model 99 rifle that was passed on to me by my father. Had the bolt locked in a strong box in my closet and they stole the strong box but left the rifle and matching bayonet some years ago. Still looking for a bolt for it.

Finally found an IWB holster (leather) for my FiveseveN. Wonderfully made. Quality work. $55.00 Available in black, tan, or walnut. Same price for my HK USPC IWB holster. 4 o'clock sit, 10 degree forward cant.

You kind of got the idea. With very few exceptions, everything was way overpriced so most of my money stayed in my pocket. I did however buy a bore light for $3.50 and some trigger parts for my AR15. Was going to buy the bolt assembly too but figured that $140 was just too much for a stock bolt assembly.

Anyways, sad to see that just like in Florida, they try to rip you off just because it's a gun show. Spent about 5 hours there perusing the tables and for the money, there just wasn't anything there that tickled my fancy except the FS2K, even though I already have a Gen 1 at home.

·
Registered
256 Posts
My main interest at shows is SKS rifles so I focus on that mainly but some of the pricing borders on insane. As an example the last Berea, Ohio show I wanted to pick up an ammo can of Federal 00 buck shot. Sometimes its a wash when you add shipping on so I look at the total price. The "best" show price I found was $143 + sales tax. There is a Fin Feather & Fur store right down the street from the show. Their price was $99 out the door.

I purchased a cleaning jag at the show and my ammo on the way home at FFF.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I feel better about missing that show.

To the OP, if you're still in the area, take a trip to Vintage Estates and/or their restaurant Magic Tree. Some of the best beer selection around.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I got stuck at work so I missed out.

guessing the USPc 40 didn't sell cuz you can get l.e. trade ins cheaper elsewhere.

i plan on going to the next gun show up here near cleveland. i'll take a day off if i have to.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
I went to that one a couple times years ago. It sucks. The best one in the Cleve area is the Medina show. Lima and Columbus are the best shows. Prices lately are sky frickin high :p It is a sellers market right now, so I have been thinning the heard ;)

Conrad & Dowdell Productions : Show Calendar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts