FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed nitesiters onto my FNP-45 and honestly do not know what to think about them. I was very pleased once I installed them (the nitesiter dot fit perfectly into the front blade sight, but had to be trimmed to fit into the rear sights). I have a coast v2 5 led flashlight that I used to charge the sights for a couple minutes and was pleasantly surprised by their brightness in a dark room. BUT, after leaving the pistol under a bright lamp for an extended period of time (at least 30 min), i took the pistol back into a dark room and there was almost no glow... Next, I left the led light on the sights for an extended period of time and the same thing happened... I'm wondering if it is possible to overcharge these things; they seem to work best with a quick charge and do not glow for an extended period of time. I'm sure dave from nitesiters will see this at some point, so do you have any pointers? Don't get me wrong, these things glow like crazy with a quick charge. Ill be taking them out into the field next week to see how well they work overnight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmm... The only thing I can think of is to ask you whether or not you're walking in from a bright area and trying to see if they're glowing in a dark environment... like walking from a fully lit room into a closet to see if they're glowing. How a persons eyes adjust to the dark will affect how they view nitesiters.

Try this.. :)

Stick them under a table lamp for about 15 minutes. Put them next to your bed when you go to sleep. Mark the time... check them if you wake up through the night and then also when you wake up in the morning. (assuming you get up before dawn! hehe) The key here is that your eyes are acclimated to the dark in those situations. To some extent you'll have the same results with tritium sights...

After an extended period, if you can see the white dots, then those will be prevalent, but if it's dark you should still be able to easily view the glow.

Let me know what you find working with them. If they're not glowing after that, let me know and i'll take care of you.

THANKS!
Dave Presley

·
Registered
68 Posts
602?

Hey Dave,

I was looking to get some nitesiters for my new FNP9..and noticed that you had a local area code. I was wondering if I could pick them up from you in person. Im in the Tempe area near ASU.

Derek

·
Registered
873 Posts
I put them on my FNP-45 and if you charge them according to the instructions in the package they work just fine. At least mine do.

They need 20 minutes (minimum) of close exposure to a flourescent lamp.
When charged in this manner mine will indeed glow all night. Certainly not as brightly as when first charged, or as bright as tritium tubes, but still plenty bright enough to make picking up the sight picture quite easy in the dark.

Once you turn on a light and lose you night accuity, they are pretty much done for you though.

I think they are hard to beat for the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts