FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Banned
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually purchased the quad rail @ $329.99 from magazineparts.com.... he says it's a modified airsoft Nitro.Vo P90 hand guard that you can buy for a lot less....curious......He seemed to shorten the lower rails a bit....other than that I see no difference

 

· Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
The barrel nut is attached to the barrel with 1 set screw. The rail is attached to the barrel nut with 3 screws. There are two blocks that are inserted in the holes on each side. the is screws that go through the flats on the rail system and into the blocks see pics above, no movement.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,553 Posts
I can't remember because its been so long but I don't think I paid over $300 for mine. I think it was in the 2s because I got one of the first 25 last year when they were first made by magazineparts.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I picked up one of these and am having to mod the magazineparts.com one to get it installed. Out of the box installed the rail is not inline with the barrel, it has a noticeable rise. The blocks that are part of the install fit just fine though. It is only going to be a couple minutes with a Dremel and it should be fine. I asked magazineparts.com about this and the only response I got was "What color was my gun" :?:

I would say buy the airsoft one and just mod it, my .02 so you get what you pay for.

01coltcolt - Where did you get the foregrip?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
01coltcolt said:
The barrel nut is attached to the barrel with 1 set screw. The rail is attached to the barrel nut with 3 screws. There are two blocks that are inserted in the holes on each side. the is screws that go through the flats on the rail system and into the blocks see pics above, no movement.
You have a set screw going into the barrel too? :shock: That doesn't sound good at all because the barrel is designed to recoil back into the receiver when fired...anything directly attached to the barrel should be free to move along with the recoil, if not I could see some problems down the line. On an Airsoft it wouldn't really matter because the barrel doesn't recoil like on the real thing.

So in summary you have two fixed mounting points going onto the receiver and another single fixed mounting point going into a "moving" nonfixed attachment point (barrel). :?
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,553 Posts
ZzingG said:
Out of the box installed the rail is not inline with the barrel, it has a noticeable rise.
You mean like this?


Yeah the only fix I was willing to do was loosen the bottom screw until I got it where I wanted it and then I locktite the crap out of it. Its aligned now but it wiggles up and down a bit, not as tight as it should be.
I will probably take it off and put my Gamtec fake surpressor on it instead since I originally got the rail for looks not function.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
tqtran said:
Yeah the only fix I was willing to do was loosen the bottom screw until I got it where I wanted it and then I locktite the crap out of it. Its aligned now but it wiggles up and down a bit, not as tight as it should be.
The likely reason why it still wiggles is the fact tightning down the bottom screw won't do much because that screws into a "moving" barrel. The recoiling barrel would loosen up the barrel attachment point anyway since the other attachment points on top (receiver) are fixed.

BTW what is this on the barrel? Is it a shroud? Who is it made by?

 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top