FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard there is no bolt hold on the FS2000. Is this true?

I have a very hard time believing that a modern military style firearm would be designed like this. I mean it tells you when you are out of ammo and it makes reloading much quicker. It makes no sense on a military rifle.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Are you talking about the last shot or just a bolt catch?

The bolt catch is like any H&K weapon based off the G3.

most rifles dont have last shot hold open.... AK, G3, MP5 and many others, and they work just fine.
Us Americans are just spoiled with last shot bolt open guns. It does slow down your reload speed a little but you get used to it quick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fatcat said:
Are you talking about the last shot or just a bolt catch?

The bolt catch is like any H&K weapon based off the G3.

most rifles dont have last shot hold open.... AK, G3, MP5 and many others, and they work just fine.
Us Americans are just spoiled with last shot bolt open guns. It does slow down your reload speed a little but you get used to it quick.
wow, not at all what I expected. Does the G36 have a bolt catch? I would think something like this would be pretty major. I mean if you are in semiauto it would suck to pull that trigger when w/ your sites lined up on the enemy only to realize your gun is empty.... and his isn't.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, I get used to it after a while - on my PS90 - I like that I can see the mag (it is transparent) - so I at least have an idea when I am running out - granted - U don't have that feature on the FS2000.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It can't have a bolt hold open because the closing of the bolt pushes the empty case into the ejection tube. If the bolt held open it would not push out the empty case.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The G36 does infact have a last shot bolt open function. You can initiate it with no empty mag inserted by pushing up on the little button in the trigger gaurd when pulling the bolt back.

The MP7 has a similar charging handle to the M16 so it might have one but I haven't seen or tested this.

I have seen AK's work either way. I think it just has to do with how sloppy the tollerences are when its made :-D

My question is how is it bad to dry fire a firing pin when the rifle is designed so that you can/will (unless you are counting shots). I never understood this about firearm manufactures.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Any AK can have a last shot hold open with Yugo mags. The follower is made so that it catches the bolt after emptyed but as soon as you pull out the mag the bolt slams shut.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah, I can do that to mine to... Just shows how clunky those guns are. But as long as they work every time.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
bonebreak2000 said:
I can get my AK to hold open with no mag.... All I have to do to get it to close is shake it a little...

:-D
Same here, but mine has to be bumped not shaken.

Pull the bolt back and release it real slowly and mine will stay open. Put a mag in it and smack the side of the gun and the slide closes.

TA

·
Registered
121 Posts
Texas Armadillo said:
bonebreak2000 said:
I can get my AK to hold open with no mag.... All I have to do to get it to close is shake it a little...

:-D
Same here, but mine has to be bumped not shaken.

Pull the bolt back and release it real slowly and mine will stay open. Put a mag in it and smack the side of the gun and the slide closes.

TA
I suppose thats more like it but I have been able to shake it and have it close too. But yeah a bump is the surefire way to get er done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts