FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Thanks for the heads up....my CC doesn't like you but thanks.
Just moved into a rental after selling my house a couple months ago, took 1.5 hours to load the loaded ammo into my truck bed and that was with help. Since moving and with the price drops I've now bought another 9k rounds of centerfire. Can't wait to make our final move to Tn., going to hire some college kids to move the stash the next time.

·
Vendor
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I moved into my current house I had to move all my ammo cans discretely since I live in Marxistchusetts. If someone saw me moving all that ammo they would call the police. I am now dug in and will never move again.
Geographic Isolation. :) Just checked Target sports USA and all their 5.56 is already out of stock. Guess I'll have to settle for 223 55gr ball. :(

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
When I moved into my current house I had to move all my ammo cans discretely since I live in Marxistchusetts. If someone saw me moving all that ammo they would call the police. I am now dug in and will never move again.
Geographic Isolation. :) Just checked Target sports USA and all their 5.56 is already out of stock. Guess I'll have to settle for 223 55gr ball. :(
Try RiverTown Munitions. Depending on location no sales tax and $50 shipping. I usually use Ammoseek and go to their ammo for what I'm looking for. Usually one of the cheaper PPR too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I reload so not too much of an issue for me. I have over 5000 5.56 rounds of commercially produced stuff. Plus another 20,000 I reloaded. And about the same amount in battle packs and reloaded stuff in 7.62x51. I still have a large supply of primers, bullets powder and cases. I have been stocking up on ammo and reload supplies for years. I just started reloading for 6.5CM for my bolt gun and semi-auto. Only have about 1000 rounds of that. Bullets and powder are not and issue, but cases are. Right now they are a bit spendy. About a buck a piece.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think that Biden's handlers are making socio-political hay out of next to nothing.

Fact: "Lake City" is officially the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant, a govt owned facility operated previously by Orbital/ATK and now the new contract was let to Winchester Ammunition to operate the plant. The new contract was let because LCAAP is mostly converting to the new 6.8mm round being adopted by the Army. The 5.56 lines they are keeping in production are going to support legacy needs during the transition phase and also shipments of 5.56 to Ukraine, but the bulk of the facility's production moving forward will be 6.8.

The LC 5.56 / 223 that has been made available to the US general public has been essentially "seconds" and blems. Now that production of 5.56 is being reduced, it follows that whatever 5.56/223 seconds/blems that normally were sold commercially to Americans in the interests of recouping material and manufacturing costs will also be reduced in quantity. Also, it is highly likely that any seconds or blems will be channeled to Ukraine.

The upshot of the conversion of LCAAP to 6.8 is, you can't sell commercially to the US public what you don't have available to sell. If you're string-pulling liberal puppetmasters in .gov service, you realize this and write a speech for Biden to deliver that is certain to increase upward pricing pressure on what 5.56/223 IS available, given that the Ukraine conflict has sucked up any Russian/Ukranian sourced of Wolf/Tula etc. steel case. That "No more LC ammo, folks" speech's expected effect on pricing will make it even more economically difficult for Americans to find and purchase 5.56/223, which works in the best interests of liberal puppetmasters to limit firearms purchase and use in the US.

Essentially, politicians being politicians: Telling the truth but not the whole truth in their own self-serving interests, at Americans' expense.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Not that I personally need it but I'm very shocked that there hasn't been an EO on all imported ammo. That would put a real stranglehold on the market here......which would be identical to everything else the Dems have done in the last 18 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts