FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
EEK! Thats sad....as long as them come in bf Obama comes in!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have heard that they are going to stop making them in Germany and importing them into the US. Insted they are going to have them made at the S&W plant Has anyone learned anything about this?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Ive heard that H&K is going to do this too.....

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Topper said:
I have heard that they are going to stop making them in Germany and importing them into the US. Insted they are going to have them made at the S&W plant Has anyone learned anything about this?
Not true. Actually, for a short, short time many years ago - S&W made the uppers for the P99s. They made a very small #. There was quality issues, and this was stopped.

I don't see this happening again...

·
Registered
412 Posts
S&W made the uppers for the P99s. They made a very small #. There was quality issues, and this was stopped.
After owning a M&P I know exactly what your talking about! :x
It was short lived too! It found a new home! One of the worst POS.
I ever shot! Accuracy what accuracy! :evil:

·
Registered
88 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Not true. Actually, for a short, short time many years ago - S&W made the uppers for the P99s. They made a very small #. There was quality issues, and this was stopped.

This is good news... I really like my P99 and I was thinking of getting another one in 9mm.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Topper said:

Former coworker bought one of those S&W/Walther P99s, thing fell apart on him shortly after buying it. Gun store swapped it for a fully Walther model and I presume sent the other back.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
My dad got one of those P99 DAO made by S&W from Bass Proshops and its falling apart as well. When there's no magazine in the P99 and I work the slide as if I'm chambering a round, when I pull the trigger the WHOLE slide moves with the trigger :-? . Is that normal? I don't think its normal, my little bro's G20 doesn't do that, but then again totally different manufacturerers. My dad has sent it off already and its still doing the same thing, plus now the trigger won't reset every so often, like 5 times during 50 rounds of fire, and it does it with snap caps also. I told him to send it off again at their expense, but he just wants to get rid of it and get an HK USP like mine.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Furyataurus said:
My dad got one of those P99 DAO made by S&W from Bass Proshops and its falling apart as well. When there's no magazine in the P99 and I work the slide as if I'm chambering a round, when I pull the trigger the WHOLE slide moves with the trigger :-? . Is that normal? I don't think its normal, my little bro's G20 doesn't do that, but then again totally different manufacturerers. My dad has sent it off already and its still doing the same thing, plus now the trigger won't reset every so often, like 5 times during 50 rounds of fire, and it does it with snap caps also. I told him to send it off again at their expense, but he just wants to get rid of it and get an HK USP like mine.
No, not normal. But, I had a crappy Glock in 1993. Jammed ALL the time - never did get it to work reliably. Every company makes a lemon gun sometimes. I don't see that many lemon P99s, however.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts