FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please do NOT post pictures of yourself holding or posing with your weapons whatsoever.

I do not want this forum to be the source of material for the 10 o'clock news one day. Besides the fact - it's in REALLY poor taste.

-TH

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good point Boss!

Ah, one little note. There is no plural in the Japanese language. So, there are ninja, but not ninjas. Just like in our language there are deer, but not deers. I had to say this because I am a real ninja.

I am not joking...

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little background to this rule: There was this member that posted pics of himself and his guns while wearing a balacklava. The pictures were Oswald style - you get the point.

-TH

·
Registered
6 Posts
awwww cmon it wasn't that bad

"Besides the fact - it's in REALLY poor taste. A little background to this rule: There was this member that posted pics of himself and his guns while wearing a balacklava. The pictures were Oswald style - you get the point. " Thermallator

Ouch... Not very nice words. Number one, comparing me to Lee Harvey was a little dramatic and incredibly outrageous don't you think? Number two, it is called a balaclava, which I was not wearing. It was a two set piece with a beanie and a ski face mask. It was a giant crystal clear picture, I'm positive you could notice these details. Not that this was any better, however the picture was spectacular. I understand that it was intimidating for people who take things too seriously, and believe firearms are evil, but COME ON. This is a website dedicated to weapons that are made to do one thing, and that is to kill people, yet my picture was in "REALLY" bad taste and offensive? It would be worse if I showed everyone my face while I posed with my weapons instead, is that not true? I hid my identity, I did not broadcast it. Not to say that it isn't against the "rules" of the forum to have pictures of these. I would love to see pictures of members with their weapons out of the field. Training, recreation, and shooting pics with FN weapons would be both absolutely exceptional and visually appealing. Number three, in your most recent post in your PS90 Photo Section *Dude I got A Ps90 for Xmas I freaked* the member shows a picture of himself posing as well. If your going to apply this rule to my post, please apply it to everyone. Is it more professional to show your face to the world in those type of pictures ? Yet my picture was insulted and removed......

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
There is a big difference between other pics on this site and the one you posted. With Virginia tech and similar incidents, we don't want ninja type pics with weapons and masks on this forum. We aren't going to have our forum end up on the news when someone goes and does something crazy.

Usually when dealing with "issues" on the forum, I try to be as nice as possible when addressing the point... However, in this case, this is what I will say... It is a reasonable thing, and I understand why Therm took it down. It has also been 7 or 8 months since this occurrence. You've been away all that time and now are coming back to raise this issue... If you are unhappy about this, in this case, I'm going to have to say "too bad."

Either move on past this issue and participate like everyone else, or...

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: awwww cmon it wasn't that bad

Besides the fact - it's in REALLY poor taste. A little background to this rule: There was this member that posted pics of himself and his guns while wearing a balacklava. The pictures were Oswald style - you get the point. " Thermallator

Ouch... Not very nice words. Number one, comparing me to Lee Harvey was a little dramatic and incredibly outrageous don't you think? Number two, it is called a balaclava, which I was not wearing. It was a two set piece with a beanie and a ski face mask. It was a giant crystal clear picture, I'm positive you could notice these details. Not that this was any better, however the picture was spectacular. I understand that it was intimidating for people who take things too seriously, and believe firearms are evil, but COME ON. This is a website dedicated to weapons that are made to do one thing, and that is to kill people, yet my picture was in "REALLY" bad taste and offensive? It would be worse if I showed everyone my face while I posed with my weapons instead, is that not true? I hid my identity, I did not broadcast it. Not to say that it isn't against the "rules" of the forum to have pictures of these. I would love to see pictures of members with their weapons out of the field. Training, recreation, and shooting pics with FN weapons would be both absolutely exceptional and visually appealing. Number three, in your most recent post in your PS90 Photo Section *Dude I got A Ps90 for Xmas I freaked* the member shows a picture of himself posing as well. If your going to apply this rule to my post, please apply it to everyone. Is it more professional to show your face to the world in those type of pictures ? Yet my picture was insulted and removed......
Having only posted 6 times, you are off to a bad start telling me what is and what is not appropriate on my forum.

-TH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.