FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a FNP9 and was reading in the manual that Teflon based lubricants should not be used. Does anybody know why that is? I have always used Rem-oil on my guns

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
rpsmith said:
Just got a FNP9 and was reading in the manual that Teflon based lubricants should not be used. Does anybody know why that is? I have always used Rem-oil on my guns
See question #9:

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=5255

Personally - I use Breakfree CLP on everything. FN actually recommends it in the PS90 manual, and it has a polymer stock. If I ever get an FNP, I don't see that I would change this practice. All but 1 of my guns is a polymer gun, and I've done this for years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with Ship - I've been using Rem Oil on Glocks for years and nothing's dissolved so far. The FN has been getting BreakFree CLP and it seems to be pretty good stuff.

I did some digging on Militec and there's several letters between Militec and the Army that indicate the Army doesn't rate Militec as meeting PRF-63460.

In addition, Militec isn't a gunshop item around here. Even Natchezss doesn't list it ... and they have pages of lubes in their catalog.

Oddly enough, I'm told that the Browning Pro 9 did not have the "no teflon" warning. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use Breakfree CLP on all my guns, including the FNP and put a drop of Rem Oil on each slide rail before reassembling. Hasn't cause any problem and I've cleaned the FNP many times.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What's even more surprising to me is that the manual on page 7 says:

"Do not carry your FNP9 FNP9-M with a round in the chamber." :(

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts