FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a perfect example of why the USPS is in so much trouble financially and why it's operations to efficiently deliver the mail should be taken over by a UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.

I ordered some SCAR parts for shipping to TX from Parker Mountain Machine, located in New Hampshire, on 11/25/2020. PMM created the shipping label on 12/2/2020 and the package was accepted for shipping by the USPS Strafford, NH Origin Facility on 12/2/2020 and from there the package arrived at the USPS Nashua, NH Regional Origin Facility on 12/2/2020. From Nashua, NH the package arrived at the USPS Regional Facility in RENO, NV on 12/2/2020. That's right, Reno, NV on it's way to TX. Doesn't seem like the most direct route, huh? The package left the USPS Reno, NV Regional Facility on 12/6/2020 and arrived and departed the USPS Fort Worth, TX Regional Facility on 12/7/2020 and arrived at the Waco, TX USPS Facility on 12/8/2020 (today) and is currently shown as being out at 7:10am for delivery today sometime between 11:45am and 1:45pm. So it's taken a grand total of 8 days to receive my package (hopefully!!!) from PMM in NH via NV to me in TX. Seems like complete incompetence to me. No wonder hundreds of thousands of ballots are Allah knows where.

If you want to keep up with the status of all your mail, you can sign up for what's called "Informed Delivery" on the USPS website. You get an email every day on the current status of your mail while in the USPS system. It's eye opening to see the convoluted route that your mail takes to finally get to you (and sometimes just plain disappears into the ether, never to be discovered again!!!)

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hahahahaha… I sent a payment for gun related thing on 11-21, and someone sent me a payment on 11-23 - Neither one of the have showed up yet on 12-8,,, SNAIL MAIL at it's finest !!! These are all in the US and one is only 2 states away... Pony Express could have gotten it there sooner !!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
It has taken over 8 days now to get a package from 200 miles away...and its priority mail...got another package that was ordered 4 days ago via first class...already showed up from 1000 miles away...makes no sense...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has taken over 8 days now to get a package from 200 miles away...and its priority mail...got another package that was ordered 4 days ago via first class...already showed up from 1000 miles away...makes no sense...
I'm thinking that the USPS and the BATFE must rotate their employees between each other because the one statement that you ALWAYS hear about the BATFE Form 1 & Form 4 approval processes is "...IT MAKES NO SENSE...". 2 NFA approval applications sent on the same day by similar individuals, one will get approved in 4 months while the other is still languishing in the infamous "IN PROCESS" hell after 12 months with no end in sight.

It's pretty obvious that the USPS is on it's last legs after decades of multi-billion dollar losses. USPS management is just trying to get their and the union serfs pensions and health care locked in and then one morning you'll wake up to the news that the Post Office is no more. That day should be made a NATIONAL HOLIDAY!!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my Small Flat Rate Priority Mail 3-Day box from Parker Mountain Machine was just delivered (1:30pm, 12/8/2020). So, even not counting weekends, this 3-Day Priority Mail package took 5 days!!! Now I ask the silly question, where's my ****ing shipping charge refund for the late delivery? Oh, it's not guaranteed? So why LIE to all the sheeple by calling it PRIORIY MAIL or 3-DAY? Oh, words and statements no longer mean things? Really, since when? Oh, because y'all are the Gub'ment. Way past time that y'all were all put up against the wall IMHO!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I "overnighted" a payment on a Friday and they said it would be there by Thursday... I asked why I just paid OVERNIGHT prices for a 7 day guarantee ??? They said that is the current Overnight time... WHAT ???

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I "overnighted" a payment on a Friday and they said it would be there by Thursday... I asked why I just paid OVERNIGHT prices for a 7 day guarantee ??? They said that is the current Overnight time... WHAT ???
USPS, like FedEx & UPS LOVE the COVID as they make up BS excuses for the virus slowing down their deliveries all the while NOT lowering their shipping charges and even adding surcharges for no reason other than they can. A$$HATS one and all!!!

Reactions: SCAR'd Mike

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here's a perfect example of why the USPS is in so much trouble financially and why it's operations to efficiently deliver the mail should be taken over by a UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. ...
Sounds like how my luggage travels every time I fly. And I wasn't even flying to Texas!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts