FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
stopped by the fun shop today to pick up some other stuff i ordered and got a chance to handle the news MK MRD 5.7
not impressed to say the least. it was bulky feeling to me and the slide i swear is make of polymer or at least it appears to be. i thought it was a cover at first like the older ones but could not find the point at which it changes composition. i was less than impressed and quite frankly disappointed. feels cheaply make like an Umarex to me. i'm out on this one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I prefer the MK2 and continue to EDC CCW it. The MK3 is very “edgy” and red dot range trendy, but not practical for CCW/EDC for me. I have plenty of MK2 parts, so FN could go toes up or be the “gun of the month” club for all I care.
Gesture Black-and-white Style Font Wrist

1911 45 +P double tap vs MK2 5.7x28 double tap 10 yards. The custom 1911 trigger is 4.5# and Fn MK2 is factory 6.5#.
Insect Paint Pest Art Close-up

·
Registered
81 Posts
stopped by the fun shop today to pick up some other stuff i ordered and got a chance to handle the news MK MRD 5.7
not impressed to say the least. it was bulky feeling to me and the slide i swear is make of polymer or at least it appears to be. i thought it was a cover at first like the older ones but could not find the point at which it changes composition. i was less than impressed and quite frankly disappointed. feels cheaply make like an Umarex to me. i'm out on this one.
It's the same construction as the old ones. Steel slide (machined like MK2's) with a polymer slide cover. I agree that the slide cover design leaves a little to be desired, but I think the grip/frame itself is a definite upgrade. And I'm a fan of optic mounting options so I like it overall.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
It's the same construction as the old ones. Steel slide (machined like MK2's) with a polymer slide cover. I agree that the slide cover design leaves a little to be desired, but I think the grip/frame itself is a definite upgrade. And I'm a fan of optic mounting options so I like it overall.
thats good you like it and are entitled to your opinion as i am as well.
i didn't get a magnifying glass out to inspect but i didn't see where there is a slide "cover" myself. while i do like the RDS morning option, just feels cheap to me. YMMV

·
Registered
33 Posts
After having mine for a little over a week, I'd agree with CN on this gun needing an optic.
So, I put my 508T w/green dot on mine today. Shooting it again tomorrow, but I suspect I'm going to like it even more with the 508T on it.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 14 of 14 Posts