FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
The only optic ready FNX-45 is the Tactical model that comes with the threaded barrel. As far as I can tell, they don't offer a non threaded FNX-45 with an optics ready slide. Best you can do is but a regular FNX-45, and then buy the tactical slide without a barrel. I've been on the MGW email list for a slide for over a year for one though, and none have shown up in stock there.

· Registered
10,043 Posts
I've never actually seen the non-threaded Tactical in stock, but FN does make one. It comes with 10-round mags, and I believe is in FDE only.
Product #: 66-100223
UPC: 845737009052
You can plug the UPC into gun.deals and get on all the notify lists.

But like said above, if not restricted, it may be easier to get the TB Tactical and then trade out or buy after-market.

Reactions: LESTER

· Registered
1,544 Posts
The only optic ready FNX-45 is the Tactical model that comes with the threaded barrel. As far as I can tell, they don't offer a non threaded FNX-45 with an optics ready slide. Best you can do is but a regular FNX-45, and then buy the tactical slide without a barrel. I've been on the MGW email list for a slide for over a year for one though, and none have shown up in stock there.
which slide color? I’ve got a new FDE tactical slide I bought as a spare a few years ago. Pm me if you want to discuss

· Registered
1,700 Posts
Buy the FNX-45 Tactical and I will send you my FNX-45 standard barrel for the threaded barrel out of my black 45 for your tactical's threaded barrel. Mine has under 100 rounds thru it.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have the predecessor FN FNP 45ACP Tactical.
My dealer as able to get his hands on a standard barrel normally in the standard version.
I carry my tactical with the flush barrel so as not to have to deal with the thread protector in an emergency action as what would be necessary with jammed brass.
I have a bigger issue with my mag release disengaging my mag.

· Registered
218 Posts
I have the predecessor FN FNP 45ACP Tactical.
My dealer as able to get his hands on a standard barrel normally in the standard version.
I carry my tactical with the flush barrel so as not to have to deal with the thread protector in an emergency action as what would be necessary with jammed brass.
I have a bigger issue with my mag release disengaging my mag.
We've all had the same problems with the sticky magazine release. I sold my old one, then bought another a year later. Both buttons need to be simply depressed and released for the mags to drop free. Hold the button down and the magazine will drop only a quarter of the way until you remove your finger from the button release.

· Registered
347 Posts
I was just gifted the "State Compliant" model, 66-100223 as mentioned above, FDE with 10 round mags. Impact Guns in Utah had it in stock and I couldn't find a single other one anywhere in the US. I'm hoping to find a threaded barrel in stock somewhere/sometime to use where permitted. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts