FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just joined up here. Been researching and muddling though the benefits and costs and have finally decided the 17s is going to be the one for me. I plan to use it for hunting deer and elk here in Idaho, so the next question is optics. What have you guys found to be a good combination for the 17s? I would prefer an illuminated reticle for mine, so I have been checking out the Accupoint scopes but will also defer to those of you using this setup for hunting as well. Most of my shots are inside of 200 yards around here in the mountains. Not sure a reflex setup would be the best deal, so fire away, so to speak. I look forward to your knowledge.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check out Vortex Optics 2.5-10x44. Great glass, illuminated reticle, doesn't break the bank... I found I needed a mount with built-in MOA and went with the ADM AD-RECON 20MOA. The AD-DELTA was specifically made for SCARs but doesn't have built-in MOA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome, A 17 is a great hunting rifle, shot a buck in WI last year and plan to do the same this weekend. I went with the leupold 1.25-4 VX-R patrol. light weight scope with leupold quality.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm currently using two. A Trijicon 3X9 mil dot, green and a T1 with a swivel magnifier. The mounts are Larue. I use my 17s for hunting and punching paper. In relatively open terrain, I use the 3X9. If I'm beating the bush, I switch to the T1. The green dot is easy to pick up in low light and comes in handy in general target shooting. Congrats and good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.