FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all thoose intrested I have discussed with a few members that live in the DFW area about planning a trip to desimate TAC-PRO with all that is FN. If youve never been there they have 1000yd range and from what ive heard outstanding facilities. If we can get a few commitments I am sure they will arrange a group discount for us. No dates are set as of yet I would like to go before May.

If theres no objections April 21st works great for me. 1000 yd qualifer (required to shoot out to 1000 yds) is the morning of the 22nd.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Count me in as "tentative." My co-workers wedding is on that Saturday and if I can skip it, then I'd rather be sending lead downrange. But with my poor eyesight and breathing technique, I may be playing at the 100yd.

I'll send waffenmacht a link to this thread -- he may be interested if he's free too.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I'm out east of y'all and would love to come lay some lead, but it probably won't work out. Have some fun! :?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Im down, could bring a few guys out. Would like to focus on the 300 yard mark, I'm guessing we can shoot fmj and bring our own targets?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
as long as your targets are cardboard or paper your good, and FMJ is authorised. im still working with them to see if we can get a group rate or not.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey, I noticed on their website that they have an event on Apr-21 and the range may require a membership? Can we get confirmation that Apr-21 will be avail to the public and range membership won't be required? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
"Lone Star Shoot Out & BBQ" on the 21st it looks like.

I would be interested. I'm a member and less than 20 minutes from tac-pro.

As long at there is at least one person with a membership the others can shoot on the 300 to 500 yard as "members guests."

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats awesome looks like we have an offical invite to Tac-Pro!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
As far as I can tell from the website the 21st conflicts with the "Lone Star Shoot Out & BBQ", we would have to use the 100-200 or 50 yard bays. I have no problem with that, but I don't want anyone thinking I was inviting them onto the 300-1000 for the event. You'll have to buy your own way into that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im still in if everyone else is. I just ordered my swfa 1-4 for my SCAR so ill be spending time zeoring it, and of course trying to do some recon on the 3 gun course there
setting up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh I would love to see a suppressed SCAR in action im debating about supressing mine simply becuase it is a competition only rifle and everyone complains about it being so loud, and supressors are bad ass!

If it wasnt a 2 hour drive after work id join you today, maybe ill come down with the flu around lunch time.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Went out and got a couple rifles dialed in using standard .mil 25m BZO's and M855 for the 5.56 guns and Argentine surplus for the big SCAR. Ive since renamed it "Beast." It needs a can, the PWS brake is too much. There was a small class out today, they will be shooting long range all weekend. I talked to Bill briefly while I was there, shouldve mentioned this thread but I was hungry and ready to get out of there. Ill definitely bring some stuff out next month for anyone else to try out that decides to show up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice setup you have there! I just ordere my SWFA 1-4 it'll be here in time to get zeroed before the shoot out

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Bump

Gettin closer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I havent decided, I have a pistol steel shoot sunday so I wasnt trying to be there all day and night. I was going to leave around 8am and try to be home by 8PM. what is it a 3 hour drive?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts