FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,724 Posts
I don't reload, but I'd image that, like firearms, magazines and ammo, "not enough room" is actually a pretty good problem to have.

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
217 Posts
That's a very efficent setup. Everything is within reach.

Roll-away tool chests work well for storing components and dies, seldom used tools, etc.

·
Administrator
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything is within reach on or under the bench. The only things that I have to bring out are the powder, primers, and bulk projectiles if I run out of what's on the table..

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Is it me or are you shoved into a closet to do your reloading operations?
If so, I totally understand. The mrs is always boss when it comes to what room serves which purpose and guy stuff for some reason gets pushed into the most incnvinnent location.

Regardless, very nice setup you have. Thumbs up

·
Premium Member
8,155 Posts
You do have a nice bench there and very organized but I'm thinking, wall hung cabinets getting a bunch of stuff off the bench and up in them, maybe a drawer or two under the bench top and voila.....more bench space! I have seen brackets to hang the organizer drawers you already have too.

·
Administrator
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it me or are you shoved into a closet to do your reloading operations?
If so, I totally understand. The mrs is always boss when it comes to what room serves which purpose and guy stuff for some reason gets pushed into the most incnvinnent location.

Regardless, very nice setup you have. Thumbs up
Not a closet. I have been relegated to the smallest bedroom in the house which is better than being in the garage in Florida in the summer. This is actually my office/computer room/reloading area/firearms storage. You should see what I have in the closet on the left and on the back side of the room. There are two shelving units that are 3'X20"X5' high side by side and my wrap around computer table with some electronics on it.

No too much room, maybe four people at most and one day I will eventually get some locals here to get them into reloading some rounds.

Yeah, it is what you don't see that makes all this stuff work.....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Need a bigger bench. You do not see the stuff under the bench or the three single stage presses that are hiding under there.

View attachment 39139 I have 3 small 2 door shelves/cabinets 3x4 and 1 large 2 door 6.5x4' kinda like a storage locker 2 of the small benches are just add on's to my reloading bench so in all my bench is probably 12' long then i have separate locking cabinets for powder brass bullets and so on, I agree you need more room, you cant get rid of any of that stuff!

·
Administrator
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
You do have a nice bench there and very organized but I'm thinking, wall hung cabinets getting a bunch of stuff off the bench and up in them, maybe a drawer or two under the bench top and voila.....more bench space! I have seen brackets to hang the organizer drawers you already have too.

No reaching for me so this is as high as I can go. I have a hard enough time just manipulating things where they are now. Do not want to loose the under bench space for drawers that will wind up just holding what I have on the bench already. I do want to move my single stage presses to a mount on the side of the bench so that I can recoup that area under the bench. This bench was purposely built to a height of 42 1/2inches so that I would not have to bend over when I stand to load. Moving stuff to a drawer would give me more room on the bench but I really do not need it right now. I have enough room to load 1k rounds on the table as it is and I have all my loading items on wood bases so that I can screw them to the table. And I can do that 20 times before I run out of stuff. Makes them all movable.

AA.jpg

AB.jpg

AC.jpg

And yes, that is a 10" Reel to Reel and other stereo components under the bench. Another project to get moving on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts