FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Took the SCAR for it's first spin yesterday at an indoor range. Fed it with stanag, Pmags of different generations, hex mags? and it ate everything. No gas adjustment required although I did get some in my face. The duracoat on the can literally evaporated and I've put on a full sized fore grip to prevent me from using a smaller one as a handstop....and getting my thumb whopped by the charging handle...again!

Can cover and switched glasses.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I came very very close to buying one for my bren. Besides the finish burning off how do you like it?
Just to clarify...it wasn't the original finish that burned off. It was the FDE duracoat I applied. I think the Spartan 3 is one robust can. It's not user serviceable so it'll conk out at some point but it does the job and because of its heft, you can actually use it to whop someone on the head!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Got a 553 (originally black, hood and batt. cap replaced with FDE) and when I put it on the "PDW" I had to put a ridiculously high riser to comfortably see the circle in center. This is because the stock is on a straight line with the main axis of the rifle. Tried the OEM stock and the 553 without at the riser and it works better because of the "dip." Originally had an ACOG in there and that was comfortable with the PDW stock because of the higher mount. Now the choice is to magnify or not, PDW stock or not. And then to keep or sell the PDW stock. So tell me what you guys prefer? Or maybe a second SCAR? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts