FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mexico to legalize vigilantes fighting drug cartel

On one hand it gives legitimacy and the power of law to these groups, on the other it puts them under control of the Fed. Gov. which is rife with corruption. I think I would tell the gov thanks, but no thanks. We have been doing just fine without you.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I don't blame the vigilantes; families getting justice for crime against a family member is not unheard of in Mexico. Anyone, including the government and military can be the bad guys, but locals probably have the best knowledge for their area. Being generally passive people, it is pretty significant to have vigilantes in Mexico.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I agree with you Heavy. I'm all for legalizing guns but if it includes registration, ¡No gracias!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Since seeing this story, I've wondered how these vigilantes got the guns they have and why they are not being arrested for owning guns that are presumably illegal in Mexico?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Since seeing this story, I've wondered how these vigilantes got the guns they have and why they are not being arrested for owning guns that are presumably illegal in Mexico?
Fast and furious.

Reactions: monsterdog

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cut a few throats with knives or machetes, pick up a few guns. Rinse and repeat.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I going to guess some are unregistered firearms, the rest? Bequeathed to current owners by dead drug lord lackeys. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts