FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Seems to be a bit of misinformation he has on the performance of the round. What does everyone else think?

·
Administrator
12,164 Posts
Ruggles said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwul3mn94hw&feature=related

Seems to be a bit of misinformation he has on the performance of the round. What does everyone else think?
What is a semi-automatic machine gun?

Also, if the thing has over-penetration, whay does the FBI say it does not meet their requirements for 12 inch penetration?

IMHO it's a GBSOHA who needs to do more homework.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
:NO:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that he does not have a understanding of the different types of rounds for the 5.7x28. The SS195 & SS197 will not have the issues he is speaking of. Sad thing is that many who watch will believe him.

·
Registered
475 Posts
i made it 2min15sec into the video and i had to turn it off, the pistol is a pdw...wtf! a pistol is a pistol and a pdw is a pdw they're not the same, what an idiot! then he started comparing the 5.7x28 to .223, sounds like his knowledge, both of the history of the firearm and ammunition were way off, nice arpat back drop (sarcasam). i hope people don't listen to him at all.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Leave negative comments about what he says. Maybe he will pull the video down.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Comments have been disabled.

This video is full of misinformation. Over-penetration? 5.7x28mm? Really? I thought the problem the FBI and other independent ballistics labs found was under-penetration and poor performance through barriers in all 5.7 rounds? .22 Magnum ballistics through body armor and the like.

People like this guy stating what he thinks is "fact" and it becomes the gospel truth.

I don't shoot my 5.7 much anymore. Idiots tend to approach me at the range and ask if I got any "armor-piercing" rounds for it, and then proceed to tell me it is illegal because it can shoot through steel plates. Then they look at me like I'm stupid when I tell them those are often repeated myths.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think he is very close to "Mall Ninja" territory.......

Civiliantacticalweapons.com ????????

Uggghhhh even sounds like a Mall Ninja site.

·
Registered
67 Posts

Man, someone needs to tell me about this FN2000 I keep hearing about. I think it might be better then the F2000... :roll:

You can still leave comments on his profile though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Downed pilots? Doesn't FN state that this PDW concept was was for support troops. The round was made to standards to defeat the body armor worn by the "Red Army" at the time (late '80s).

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts