FN Herstal Firearms banner

not very accurate what gives?

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Maddcat1 
So what size were your groups? Were they stringing or totally random?
My very first impression of this pistol was similar to yours and I was quite disappointed, thinking the 5.7 would be awesome for trick shots like nailing a 12g hull @ 30 yards.
I doubt you have a bad gun. If you were to put the USG in a vise you would probably find it to be quite accurate. The hard truth is that the USG is not very accurate in most peoples hands. The light weight and lack of mass at the business end of the USG makes it a very sensitive to the shooter's pulse and movements.
I know you were shooting it from a rest, but even that doesn't dampen your pulse much. I've found that mounting a heavy tac light on the USG makes it handle better. I can't get real good groups from the USG without that weight, and resting it in a particular way.
It's not a good pistol for target shooting.

ShipWreck said:
Still, for home defense purposes - I shoot the gun well enough. So, I am not worried.
Yeah. Same here. I came down on the pistol pretty hard, you wouldn't have guessed from my last post that it's my daily carry.

And I've had similar good days with the five seven. It's a funny piece, the way it gives you an occasional hint of it's potential accuracy. I bet there are people out there who can get consistently excellent groups with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.