FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I finally got up the courage to drill out my stock and installed the Noveske flush QD mount.

The hollow spot just above the trigger pack is ideal for the Noveske QD mount. Also, for a one-point sling configuration it functions perfectly. It also works great in a two-point configuration. The only negative about this configuration thus far is that you can't use mag doublers. Cheek weld is not negatively impacted.

Check it out...

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Diamond -

How does this hang in Singlepoint mode? Have some hot girl model it for demonstration purposes.

Does this not span the two shell halves as they meet in the middle? If so, how does this affect assembly/disassembly? How do you tight down the noveske unit? I presume from the rear opening with the buttstock removed? Tight fit!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Diamond -

How does this hang in Singlepoint mode? Have some hot girl model it for demonstration purposes.

Does this not span the two shell halves as they meet in the middle? If so, how does this affect assembly/disassembly? How do you tight down the noveske unit? I presume from the rear opening with the buttstock removed? Tight fit!!
+1

I'd like to see it hanging from the sling.

·
Registered
421 Posts
+2

looks great more photos please :mrgreen:

Reactions: DiamondBack

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
nice! How is your dip holding up? I have read after about 6 months it starts coming off, most people I know of recommended against it, but I want to do it. Unless that is one hell of a paint job!!!!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
nice! How is your dip holding up? I have read after about 6 months it starts coming off, most people I know of recommended against it, but I want to do it. Unless that is one hell of a paint job!!!!

Thoughts?
From what I've read on Hydrodip, you MUST spray a flat epoxy paint over the Hydrodip or it will wear badly.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
Ok I finally got up the courage to drill out my stock and installed the Noveske flush QD mount.

The hollow spot just above the trigger pack is ideal for the Noveske QD mount. Also, for a one-point sling configuration it functions perfectly. It also works great in a two-point configuration. The only negative about this configuration thus far is that you can't use mag doublers. Cheek weld is not negatively impacted.

Check it out...
DB,
Did you re-inforce the underside of mount/stock in any way ?
There was a front mount made by FN at some time that slid & locked in to the hole in the sight rail,( a sling adapter ) that has me interested.
sling adapter.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's some more details and pictures regarding this project:

1) I didn't reenforce the Noveske QD mount underneath the mount and believe the nut disperses the support out enough. However, there is plenty of room if you wanted to put a small piece of aluminum or something similar for additional support / bracing. M

2) To install the Noveske QD mount in this location, you don't even need to take the gun apart. Simply drill a 1/2", actually a dremmel tool worked best because the 1/2" bit digs in too quickly. To tighten the mount you simply put a sling swivel into the mount and tighten onto the nut. The nut fits so perfectly on the bottom that it really can't twist and you don't even need to hold while tightening. At this point I don't think lts even necessary to glue it down but that could easily be done. If you ever needed to work on the gun and split the stock, the Noveske QD mount could easily be removed quickly.

3) The gun hangs nicely in the one-point sling. I'll try to post a better picture later.

4) As far as my personal experience with Duracoat; it's been great. My gun was painted two years ago and is holding up great. My gun was done by Andy at Guncoat Northwest, and he does excellent work.

Take care guys...

Attachments

Reactions: fn1234

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
That is sweet Diamond, it looks good and is functional. Score!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts