FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received my PS90 and noticed myself how bad the white sight is on the rifle. I was thinking it can't be that bad, but then saw it for myself. Why would they put a sight like that on a gun like this? It seems like a total waste. I know it has been posted before about the sight, but man it is really bad. I am thinking about buying a rail for it and selling the white reticle sight and then buy a red dot sight of some sort. Does FN have any trade in or exchange program for switching sights? I know it is a long shot, but I can always hope. Sorry, I just had to vent.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Its all good....im sold on an eotech and a 3x magnifier for mine....i just have to wait on the gun shop to get it in....

·
Registered
475 Posts
i'm in the same boat as you. I spent good money on a gun that is awesome but the sight is below average. i wish i would have waited for the black reticles to come out now i have to invest more money to make it 100% functional. anyway i'm sure there are more people like us out there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Im not very impressed with the white sight either, but there are some inexpensive quality red dot sights on the market and after market rails are fairly inexpensive as well. Thats what im working on right now. I just have to find the right sight. Im thinking a little Dr Optics or something like that.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Those tiny Doc Optics look out of place to me - a few poeple have posted pics with them. I personally would get an Eotech or aimpoint.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The part that I can't get my head wrapped around or understand, is that the price for a replacement black sight is around $600.00. Now thats 1/2 the price of the entire weapon. You can not tell me that the engineering and material that went into that sight was 1/2 the cost in building the package.

I'd say maybe $250-$300.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
devildoc said:
The part that I can't get my head wrapped around or understand, is that the price for a replacement black sight is around $600.00. Now thats 1/2 the price of the entire weapon. You can not tell me that the engineering and material that went into that sight was 1/2 the cost in building the package.

I'd say maybe $250-$300.
I agree

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, someone's making a great profit on a mediocre optic, or someone's getting greedy. I suspect the high cost is because of supply & demand issues. FN does not seem to supply ample parts, hence low supply. So if you wanted one, it will cost you dearly.

IMO you are better off with the aftermarket ones anyway, since they fit & function better, have features you desire, and are priced at what the market will bear. Enough on economics, now let's get back to guns! :p

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
yea my local gun shop got a new ps-90 in and i just so happened to have mine in there and the guy didnt even want to pick his up! i gave him advise and def recommended him to put an after market site or the rem 3 on it. also recommended him to join the fn forum :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts