FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my Obzor in and I have to say im pretty impressed for a Russian optic. It's very clear and crisp (Better than my T-1), the solar ret is great! The Tritium ret is on par with an ACOG. The day ret tends to fade in a darkened room but are still usable with the filter up. They are light weight and feel very solid. They do set high but not 1Pn34 high. The best way to describe them are a EOtech/ACOG but I need a little range time before i can say they as good as an Aimpoint or EOtech...

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
Very interesting, I wasn't familiar with this at all. Keep posted on how it holds up at the range.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do!

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
If you don't mind, how much did that bad boy run? I'm really diggin' it.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just under $400 after shipping

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
Nice. My problem is that my AKs (Chinese) don't have the mounting brackets on the side.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some pics of the ret change (it changes from day to night). ( im REALLY liking this sight!!!)

Day light

Twilight

Almost Dark

Dark black sky stars and moon out (the night ret is brighter than an ACOG and is very muck like a P/PS90))

Dark Black sky ( the porch light illuminated the triangle from 75 yds away)

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got to shoot 200 rounds today before the storms rolled in. only shot out to 100yds but it held zero after removing it and putting it back a few times. It works very much like a Trijicon ACOG chevron. @ 50 the triangle gets you center mass the it of tip will be dead on @ 100 yds etc. Im guessing the night ret will get you center mass from 10-100+yds This is a GREAT sight despite the few short comings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts