FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, since we don't seem to have a dedicated NV optics thread, I guess this is the best place for this question.

I'm looking for a NV optic for hog hunting. I've read, and been told, that the ATN optics are to be avoided like the plague.

Most of what I'm interested in from TNVS seems to be outside what I'd be willing to spend ($2500-$2700).

One of the guys on another forum suggested the Pulsar Digisight N770A.

Do any of my fellow FNforum members have any experience with this optic, and would you be willing to share your thoughts both pro and con?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
What are you looking to mount this on?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I have an ANVPS-14 and some other NVS Equipment. ATN is a **** company from may first people I talked to during my research.
I am in the Golden areaof Colorado if you are able to visit. PM me if interested or PM me if you want to call!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kameron;

This is for a 6.8 SPC "Hog Killer" built on a LWRC Six8 receiver set. Thought I might see about helping my fellow shooters out with their hog infestations...

Type5;

Thanks - I'll keep it in mind. I live south of the metro area near Park Meadows mall.

It never hurts to get a wider exposure to avoid focusing on something too soon.

Rick

Reactions: KameronTKelly

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
I see. The reason I ask is you have to make sure that whatever system you go with is rated for the caliber that you plan on using. NV would be ideal for hogs. I just use a good scope and ambient light. Some times a laser genetics illuminator. I've taken 2 before the rest tore out of there. They are skittish and won't sit around after the first shot. If you're in a field that's the best. Especially for NV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts