FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another example of a gun-grabber who doesn't think the rules should apply to him. Well, that particular chicken has come home to roost:

Associates defend man who had gun in school - City & Region - The Buffalo News

Dwayne Ferguson spent more than a decade advocating for nonviolence and peace in the streets of Buffalo.

He was a well-known face in the movement for the SAFE Act, the state law that made carrying a gun on school property a felony. He was also a familiar presence in the hallways of the city’s Harvey Austin Elementary School, where he worked in the after-school program and mentored students.

No one imagined that on Thursday he would show up at the school in possession of a gun, touching off an hours-long lockdown, search and ultimately his arrest on two felony charges.

Ferguson, 52, told WGRZ-TV that he frequently carries the gun, for which he has a permit, and did not realize he had it on him when he went to the school as part of the mentoring program.

Those who have worked with him also said they believe it was an honest mistake.

“I’m sure Dwayne went into the school not thinking he had the gun on him,” said Rev. James E. Giles, a friend of Ferguson and president of Back to Basics Outreach Ministries. “We know this for a fact, that he called out to a Buffalo police lieutenant asking why the school was in lockdown, and that they were looking for a man with a gun.
For more (if your brain can handle it), read the full article linked above. I wonder if his cronies will let him go.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
While i admit he likely just made an honest mistake. I do believe that if an anti-safe act person would get charge then this person should too.
This isn't one law for them and another law for us.

Reactions: LebbenB and blkbd

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Let him reap what he sow!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Hope he get's what's coming to him.

Reactions: monsterdog

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ridiculous ... I'd say the goose and gander story is appropriate here .. PA has a bill on the floor that will hopefully allow for the weapon to be in the car. Too often parents like myself have to pick the kids up and have no "safe" place to put the gun if on the job to keep from committing a felony.

Reactions: monsterdog
1 - 14 of 14 Posts