FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This article is currently on the front page of the New York Times.....and make no mistake...if NRA intended to come out forceful and swinging today..despite how it may have appeared...this is how it was reported:

“If it’s a panel that’s just going to be made up of a bunch of people that, for the last 20 years, have been trying to destroy the Second Amendment, I’m not interested in sitting on that panel,” Mr. LaPierre said, adding that the “N.R.A. is not going to let people lose the Second Amendment in this country, which is supported by the overwhelming majority of the American people.”

But during a round of appearances on the Sunday talk shows by Mr. LaPierre, Mr. Keene and Asa Hutchinson, a former Republican congressman from Arkansas who will lead the gun group’s response to the shooting in Newtown, Conn., they made it clear that the N.R.A. opposed any of the gun restrictions now under discussion and did not believe they should be part of the discussion.

As for the idea of reinstating a ban on so-called assault rifles, which was in place from 1994 to 2004, he said, “I think that is a phony piece of legislation, and I do not believe it will pass for this reason: It’s all built on lies that have been found out.”

Their approach may not exactly track the agenda that each of us have personally.....but a couple of things are clear. NRA-ILA may not be everyone's first choice to represent our collective voices in the fight over a potential AWB....but, there isn't another national level group that can hold a candle to them in terms of horsepower in bringing the fight.

If you can afford to spend $40 for a box of ammo and the cost of mags......everyone should reach into their wallet or purse and join NRA...upgrade their membership, or just outright make a donation.....and you can do that here.

A final thought as we head into the holidays......this afternoon I took a step.....thirteen of my nieces and nephews are receiving gift NRA memberships for holiday presents....and an invitation to join me at the range [I am guessing that two of them have shot before]. My thought being that if each of us were to do that....it would go one hell of a long way towards protecting our rights and passing it along. The link for a gift membership is here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts