FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a over under shotgun for hunting next season. I am not looking for a fancy $3k+ trap gun. Just something reliable that can handle realistic hunting conditions.

All around hunting.
Ejects shells. (optional)
Reasonable price.
Reliable.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Theres alot of manufacturers of O/U's. In general their trap/skeet models are more expensive but Browning, Ruger and Winchester all make great field guns.

I shoot a Winchester 101 and have put 1000's of shells through it and it has been absolutely flawless. A used 101 can be found for under a grand.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Like Lester said Browning Citori I have the trap and 525 sporting clays and really like both but I like the 525 best!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think one of the best values out there in the O/U market place are the CZ Redheads. You could get a 12,20, and 28 ga for the cost of a CITORI.

If you want an american label the Winchester comes in for around $1100.00. I think they may even be made by FN.

The Browning of course is Japanese. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. All of my long guns are Browning. Had a couple of Weatherby O/U's but I sold them regrettably.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
A cousin of mine has a CZ Redhead. He really likes it. I might pick one up in the next couple of years (or another O/U from CZ)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I shoot a Ruger Red Label and really like it....I shoot it pretty good, it is not all that fancy and I bought it a number of years ago before Ruger stopped making them and paid around $700. I understand ruger has begun producing them again....only this time I think they are just over a grand......................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts